won't run right after major rebuild

yz_racer

Dec 24, 2004
what's up, ok to start out with this is what i did to my 1988 yz-125 i put in some new moose crank bearings and seals moose complete gasket kit then the wiseco hotrod piston rod kit had it trued with a jig and even a new wiseco piston. got it back togather cleaned the carb then it woulden't crank with the kickstarter me and my dad had to roll it off. then i pulled in the clutch to stop and it wouldn't disingauge me and my dad took the right side crankcase cover and looked at the clutch and went back through it at least three times and put it back in exactly the way it's suppost to go and it still does the same thing.
second of all it doesn't want to run right at all it seems as if something is bogging it down we rejetted it and it still want run right and then water started running out of the over flow on the radiator and it want stop and im really starting to get mad :bang: any help would be appreciated thanks

reelrazor

Jun 22, 2004
Hate to say it, but you need to pull it down again and not assume anything. You are missing something simple. In fact you shouldn't even have ran it, you should have squared away that no kickstart problem first.

The overflow deal is overheating/air lock related. You have a bubble of air trapped in the cooling system that expands when it gets hot or you have a blown head gasket that is allowing the cooling system to pressurize excessively. Since you say it won't stop, I would tend towards the failed head gasket.

Net:
Tear it down completely and do it right, paying close attention to spacers, shims, and washers

yz_racer

Dec 24, 2004
i put new o-rings inbetween the head and the jug and took the clutch apart and back to gather at least three times and it still does the same thing

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
yz_racer said:
took the clutch apart and back to gather at least three times and it still does the same thing
Not to sound like an a-hole but if you put it together right then it would be working, don't you imagine?

reelrazor

Jun 22, 2004
yz_racer said:
i put new o-rings inbetween the head and the jug and took the clutch apart and back to gather at least three times and it still does the same thing

Go look at:

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=108314

and like I said before, something ELSE is wrong. You have a kickstarter that doesn't work right, a clutching issue, and an overheat/coolant pressurizing issue. Believe me, you got some thing(s) wrong.

Ohh, and Merry Christmas

yz_racer

Dec 24, 2004
i fixed all my problems but there is still one problem, the kickstarter works but it don't crank up with it, you have to roll it off, but i was riding it and there was black goo coming out of the power valve cover but before i replaced everything it did it just not as bad and i don't get it because i replaced every single seal and gaskets on the motor

merry chrismas

Top Bottom