Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
I was gone for a while and had no chance to continue my jetting attempts, but now I've got a little time, and hope to get a little advice.
Here is where I am at:
45 pilot
needle in 3rd clip
155 main
AS 1.5 turns out.

Here is my result:
When taking off in 1st and second gear I still notice hesitation. It got better as I adjusted the AS, but I could not clear it up completely.
Next try will be a 43 pilot, but after that I don't know where to go. Could this be a float level issue?

jamin326

~SPONSOR~
Oct 29, 2002
need some more info, what bike is this a 200 or 220, what year is it, do you have any mods, what elevation do you ride at and rough temp range, i would say that you are probably running rich, i had that problem with my 220, it would hesitate and hiccup, didn't have a strong smooth acceleration, went leaner and man did it wake the bike up

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
You can always change the needle for one that's leaner at the beginning.
I'm stuck with a model that has no needles available for it so I had to increase the slide cutaway at its left and right side. My bike also was incorrect the first 1/8th throttle when slowly accelerating.

jamin326

~SPONSOR~
Oct 29, 2002
i would try a 42 pilot and a 152 main with the needle in the mid position, you might need to go down to a 40 pilot, that's what i am currently running, with a 150 main and a CEL needle in the 3rd position, course mine is a 220 with the RB carb mod so a little different but i did have a 200 at one time and ran 42 pilot and 152 main

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Update:
Went to a 152 main, 42 pilot and the needle in the 2nd from the top position.
Better, but still not clean.
I still have hesitation in 1st or second gear. What I can't figure out is why the thing runs like a champ when I get up to 3rd. How can this be a gear related thing?
I am out of new plugs so I didn't do a plug chop.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Have you tried adjusting your AS?

I had mine 1 1/2 turns out but it was not taking off instantly so I started turning it in about a 1/4 a turn at a time, and bango when I got just above one turn she started taking off like a rocket!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom