JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I have recently begun getting myself back in shape, and have made some hard-fought improvements in my wind and muscle tone (and weight, though to a lesser degree). But yesterday I pulled a muscle in my groin by hyper-stretching the leg when I spun out in the sand. I rested two hours, then continued to ride the whole day, and it's a bit sore today.

My question is, should I just rest until the thing stops hurting, and risk losing my hard-won conditioning, or do I work through it? I don't think that I actually tore anything; it doesn't hurt that badly. I think it's just a pulled muscle or ligament. What's the right thing to do?

michigan

Mar 9, 2001
i think you need to figure out whether you're HURT or INJURED. if you're hurt, keep going. if you're injured, take a break or go to the doc.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I guess I was just hurt, not injured. I went ahead and did a mild aerobic workout, and stretched the leg real well, It felt better, though it's still sore.

michigan

Mar 9, 2001
"...continued to ride the whole day, and it's a bit sore today."

i have the same condition when i ride, but i'm a bit sore from head to toe, not just in the grion area.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Yeah, Michigan, I'm hip. An old crop-duster friend of my father's used to have a lot of funny little sayings, and one of them pretty well describes me after a day's riding: "It hurts all over more than anyplace else."

Top Bottom