Worth it to upgrade to a CRF450X?

DougTx

~SPONSOR~
Oct 5, 2008
I currently have a 2002 XR400R. It is a solid and really great bike. You guys gave me the advice here to get it this summer and I am in love with riding again.

I rode a CRF450R and was shocked at how much lighter and how much more power and feel the CRF450R had, I man I know it is a lot more and newer bike with technology but it was very noticeable to me.

I liked it so much that I thought about getting a CRF450X for the following reasons:

Against an R, the X would have better trail gearing, a headlight and tail light, bigger fuel tank, hopefully smoother delivery of power and the all important magic red button (Starter).

I love my XR but when I do some jumping and play around on the MX track at trophy club my XR feels heavy and does not handle the jumps like a CRF450.. I am hoping the feel of the 450X will give me a little more of the frame size and behavior of a MX bike but still the tractability of a lower speed, trail riding/farting around. I do not intend to race but I would like to play around on the track just for fun and jump a little...

I am 6'1" and about 255 lbs and the XR has been good to me.. but I have an opportunity to buy a new CRF450X (07 or 08) for a really great price new and am giving it hard consideration. Any thoughts on differences between them and thoughts on the CRF450X would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Ditto

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
as a former XR400 rider (and sometimes I wish I still had it) I say pull the trigger on the 450X.

Top Bottom