Westy

Mar 9, 2005
Hi All

I know there are a lot of topics on the CRF450X in this forum but I could not find any comments on the road riding side of things.

I'm looking at buying a CRF450X later in the year. I was just wondering if there have been any problems with riding them on the road. I wouldn't be doing extensive road riding just little bits here and there such as to and from work which is only a 10 minute drive. I may do the occasional sunday ride. Don't get me wrong I would definitely be taking on the dirt. I've got mates who own farms and there are some great trails around my house which I know the CRX would love.

My main concern is the road riding factor. If anyone has had any experience with riding these bikes on the road your comments would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Cheers Rob

Westy

Mar 9, 2005
Cheers BLMMX

Yeah I figured the tyres would be a bit of a problem. How often do you find yourself replacing them?

I was thinking there may be bearing problems with running knobly tyres on a hard surface. Have you had any problems with the bearings in the wheels or swingarm or even the head?

How much road riding do you do on your CRX?

Thanks

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
There are stories out there of tranny gears seizing up supposedly related to dual sporting. 3rd gear particularly if I remember right. Do some research.

Top Bottom