julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
Like I said over at KDXRider, good stuff. The price seems way too low though, make sure you are pricing a comparable item to the Wiseco, IE: Piston KIT, not just a bare piston. The Wiseco for that price will have rings, circlip, piston pin, and piston.

tommie d

Sep 26, 2008
julien_d said:
Like I said over at KDXRider, good stuff. The price seems way too low though, make sure you are pricing a comparable item to the Wiseco, IE: Piston KIT, not just a bare piston. The Wiseco for that price will have rings, circlip, piston pin, and piston.

Like julien d said, I just posted their catalog over at KDXRider.

Tom68

Oct 1, 2007
Got A Gas Gas 300 Wossner in my KDX 250 and a 2mm o/size Wossner in my XR500. Both Excellent light weight pistons, have heard of a skirt failure in a KTM but don't know the circumstances.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
many people use it here in europe with great success.

jonooffler

Jun 10, 2009
julien_d said:
Yes thats the price for a full piston ,ring ,pin and clip set.
Jono

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
Are you certain that price is for a full piston kit??
I just looked at the Wossner website, and the rings are ordered separately. The piston for a KDX200 is $126 and the rings are another $29. No mention of pin and circlips. Compare those prices to Wiseco's. http://wossneronline.com/forged_pis...roduct_info&cPath=50_52_64_97&products_id=497

Also, joon, you are looking at the automotive section on that website (which is not Wossner's website). Go to the Motorcycle section and I believe you'll find that rings, pins, and clips are sold separately.

jonooffler

Jun 10, 2009
Just rang the UK importers and the price of the piston kit is £81.00 this includes the rings pin and clips. They come in 3 sizes so I will pull the head on mine this weekend and see what size I need.

jonooffler

Jun 10, 2009
Just to add I found that I can buy a wiseco piston kit from the USA and import it or £100.00 if I get it in the UK they want £140.00 plus £10.00 postage you guys in the states have it so cheap.
Jono

sharky243

Dec 14, 2008
Don't always go for the cheaper parts. Make sure you measure the cylinder, and the piston to be sure you have the correct clearance. You get what you pay for, so i'd stick with a well known brand, OEM if possible ! Just some advice from a mechanic !

jonooffler

Jun 10, 2009
sharky243 said:
Don't always go for the cheaper parts. Make sure you measure the cylinder, and the piston to be sure you have the correct clearance. You get what you pay for, so i'd stick with a well known brand, OEM if possible ! Just some advice from a mechanic !

Thanks for the input I would normally be with you 100% with what you say but the 220 OEM piston is cast and they are well known to fail when the skirt snaps off. The bike I have has been very well looked after and looking at the bolts I don't think the head has every been off.It's done 2500 miles and I'm worried that the piston and rings will need doing very soon.I will have to pull the head off before the summer here so I can check out the size, Wiesco only make two sizes 69 and 70 Wossner make three sizes I think that they are 68.95 68.96 and 68.97, the store I spoke to said they keep the mid one.
It's the feeling that I have to stripping down the motor to find the size and then having to be with out the ride until I can get get the new part. Wiesco are very slow at shipping to the UK there is only one in stock here at the moment.
Jono

Top Bottom