tclimber

Apr 27, 2003
I have a 96 200 has amazing low and midrange but wide open its not I raised the needle to the top clip not much help change the main from 145 to a 142 and put the clip 2nd from top still didnt improve it much if any the plug looks like its running rich. I cleaned the carb and filter looks like new has a new cylinder,piston,rings and a complete lower end rebuild by fredette has a stock pipe I havent checked the reeds wanted to get some ideas from the experts this my secound kdx and just came off of 2 different ktms and a cr250 so nabey I just expect more up top but I sure like the handling and comfort of this one just getting it setup the way I want it but thats half the fun ;)

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
That sounds lean to me, too. That needle so high sounds odd, too. What are your temps, elevation, humidity, ratio of gasoline:oil, etc.

You richened the needle, but leaned the amin at the same time. Throw a larger main in there, please. :-)

tclimber

Apr 27, 2003
lean

yea I was mistakin on the main size it was a 155 and went to a 152 I thought raising the needle clip leaned out the circut? I live in kansas city so we are just a little above sea level.its got me baffeled it starts on the first or second kick runs great every where except at wide open even like that its very rideable if you short shift it it doesnt smoke a lot running bel ray h1r at 40 to 1 doesnt foul plugs but when I pulled it out it was black like its running rich (would a cracked reed cause this) mabey electrical connection :bang: Note just got the bike 3 weeks ago and have rode it about 4 hours so its just getting the kinks out and getting it dialed in

paab

Aug 31, 2006
Well, always check the reeds on a new (used) 2-stroke. They can cause different running problems if they are cracked or even just frayed.

Are you doing WOT plug chops? If not the plug color won't tell you much about the main.

Top Bottom