MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
What's the deal with doing snake river canyon with a nitrous bike? I seem to remember that you are going to need wings to make that "jump". I don't know what the gap is but I doubt you could do it on a bike.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Just found out. 1500 FEET!

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
F that crappy bike, I want that yellow Chevelle! :)

Erick82

~SPONSOR~
Aug 30, 2002
American Hero, please, more like American Zero. An alcoholic. gambling addict who hase been married 4-5 times. I have way more respect for Robbie than the old man, at least he landed some of those jumps.

Just because some dumb @$$ tries something retarded and breaks every bone in his body, dosn't make him a hero.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by Erick82
American Hero, please, more like American Zero. An alcoholic. gambling addict who hase been married 4-5 times. I have way more respect for Robbie than the old man, at least he landed some of those jumps.

Just because some dumb @$$ tries something retarded and breaks every bone in his body, dosn't make him a hero.
I'll concede the point that Evel may not be a hero in every one's eyes. Especially in these troubled times. However, drinking, gambling, and chasing women, does not automatically disqualify a man from hero status.

I would not consider him a zero nor a dumb ass. Evel was just some guy who found a way to make a living performing some rather remarkable and dangerous stunts for large bloodthirsty crowds. He cheated death repeatedly and to his own amazement, he won.

Worth the read even if you don't like the man

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Metzger said he thought about loading up his bike in his truck, driving out there, and poaching his fat a$$.

Yeah, he thought about it. But as of yet RK is the only one to DO IT. If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound? Does it make beaucoup bucks?

Both Knevels are successful showmen. Ya may not like the show, but they've both made lots of money doing it. Someone sure did pay for admission.

ZOOK250

Oct 5, 2001
that would look cool in my basement. if i had a few million and nothing to do with it, i would buy it in a second. did anyone check out the bottoming picture when he landed? im sore looking at the picture.

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
evel was a bad ass, he basically had a street bike with about 4 inches of travel,,i respect robbie too, and everyone else who even tries a midsize double.
i remember two people jumping buildings, one was dressed in black,and one in white, and they never told their names,,one of them broke his forks off on a landing.. was that robbie and someone else?

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
And to think Robbie is the only guy to have landed the fountains jumb in vegas, has about the 2nd longest jump in history (I think he is only 20 or so feet short of the record - that my friends is the length of your garage !) , and has done way more jumps than any of us - I think he deserves a modicum of respect. Let's see big mouth Metzger or Seth come anywhere close - nah, don't think so ...

This bikes for you S-PlATMAN :)

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
I don't think much of old Metz anymore. I liked him circa 95' when the whole freestyle thing got started, before he was quite so arrogant. I read a quote from him in either Racer X or Dirt Rider(mag) saying (in loose terms, because I don't have the art. in front of me) basically that he was better than McGrath and he'd line up on the start line w/him anytime........?!?!?!?!? PLEASE!! If he had a 1/4 of the talent McGrath does he'd have been the one up front at all the nat. and sx's. Not running through the last chance qualifiers at Budds Creek. I liked him before he got such a big head. I don't take anything away from some of the stuff hes done(I'd never think of doing a back flip on anything, let alone a 219lbs. motorcycle!), just seems too cocky now.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
...yeah, and old Jeff Ward just came back from the dead to whip both of them in Motard (once).

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by nephron
...yeah, and old Jeff Ward just came back from the dead to whip both of them in Motard (once).

My HERO!  He also holeshots most of the SX racees!

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
Originally posted by Nevada Sixx
evel was a bad ass, he basically had a street bike with about 4 inches of travel,,i respect robbie too, and everyone else who even tries a midsize double.
i remember two people jumping buildings, one was dressed in black,and one in white, and they never told their names,,one of them broke his forks off on a landing.. was that robbie and someone else?

here's MY 'midsized double' ;)

Attachments

• rob jeep double.jpg
    rob jeep double.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 93

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom