Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
This thing is awsome, Its a computer by Microsoft.

Watch the video and see for yourself!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w5bJA8MKxsI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w5bJA8MKxsI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
JD_MXRacer said:
that is freakin amazing!!! I want one.

Nobody show my husband. We'll have four inside of a week and I'll be expected to trouble shoot it every time someone downloads a virus, a program that doesn't work the way "it's supposed to", or Microsoft does an auto-update which totally discombobulates our system....(Ditto our dsl provider....)

I don't have the time for another cool gadget that I'm supposed to maintain.

Now shhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Oh wait. He's not interested in dirtbikes. Carry-on. I'll go hop over to the screaming big speakers and amp forums and tell them to hush up about this stuff.

Yeah.....Way cool.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Actually, the "multi-touch" was ripped right out of Apple .... my iPhone does it now.
Of course MS had made a business out of ripping off and then on, Apple lol. Can you say Cover Flow? Look at iTunes. The rolling image thing? It's releasing in October in the new version of OSX (leopard).. you'll be able to preview all your files in that very fashion ... see vids on Apple.com

Check this: http://movies.apple.com/movies/us/apple/mac/macosx/2007/wwdc/apple-leopard-finder_iref.mov

Wonder where MS got that idea? LOL.

Never the less, pretty cool stuff.... and I think it's a hassle keeping the finger prints off my little phone :p

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Okie, you sprung for an iPhone? Please, do tell us all about it!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The only thing he finds more frustrating than the fingerprints on the screen of his iPhone is that it keeps shorting out from him drooling all over it :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
There's too much to tell actually... keys are;

1) Everything is actually easy to use.
2) Internet looks just like the home PC, Edge is okay, wireless is fast.
3) Same with email, easy to read, looks great.
4) It makes phone calls :)
5) The display is large and hi-res, slide shows of my photos look incredible, videos look great.
6) iPod functions are awesome, plenty of room with smart playlists, half full and I've got 500+ songs, 10 or so video podcasts, 25 or so music videos on it.
7) Lots of really cool stuff down the road via software updates. Apple promises many surprises, killer apps.
8) No longer need phone and ipod with me. Convenient when a notebook would be a hassle.... specially since I don't have one :)
9) First phone I've had that's actually a joy to use.

Bottom line, easy to love, easy to dis. Call me an Apple fanboy, don't care.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Bottom line, easy to love, easy to dis. Call me an Apple fanboy, don't care.

It's a thread jack;-)

Okie, if I use Outlook for email, can I forward to the iPhone, or would it only work with my .mac email address?

The wifes birfday is next week, so I'm thinking iPhone for her for sure, just wondering if I should get me one to?

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
the Iphone looks AWSOME!! But its a pretty large chunk of change...

i dont think i could find myself to buy it.. But i really like the verizon enV! and its less than half ther price of the Iphone

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Okiewan said:
my iPhone does it now.
Of course MS had made a business out of ripping off and then on, Apple lol.

Never the less, pretty cool stuff.... and I think it's a hassle keeping the finger prints off my little phone :p

I have not seen an IPhone in person yet. Does it seem like it will last a few years construction wise? One of my friends employees met the guy that built it, the guy had one that was operational about 2 weeks before it came out.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Locked to AT&T. Word is though, it's close to being unlocked by the hacking community. Expect to pay $1,000+ for those however :whoa:

Yes, it's rock solid... makes everything else I've owned or attempted to own feel like so much light-weight plastic... this thing feels like (and is) not simply a phone, rather a hand-held computer (running OSX).. pretty limitless in what can be written for it.

Granted, it's probably not worth the cost to the vast majority of peeps. But, if you love gadgets? It rocks.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
bsmith said:
It's a thread jack;-)

Okie, if I use Outlook for email, can I forward to the iPhone, or would it only work with my .mac email address?

The wifes birfday is next week, so I'm thinking iPhone for her for sure, just wondering if I should get me one to?

Yes.
The only email limitations right now are MS Exchange server (ie; corporate stuff) and some yahoo email push services. Other than that, it's all good.

You can set up any pop email accounts you like.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Okiewan said:
. . . 6) iPod functions are awesome, plenty of room with smart playlists, half full and I've got 500+ songs, 10 or so video podcasts, 25 or so music videos on it.
hey, apple fanboy, I've got an iPod and I still don't know what a "smart playlist" is. Please to be explaining.

Top Bottom