Mar 28, 2009
well i was riding the bus home after school today and was over hearing a conversation from a neighbor of mine. they were discussing sports and what not, then motocross popped in the conversation and i was all ears. well first words from him were, " I don't think motocross should be a sport, i mean it doesn't take any athleticism at all". this were the exact words. i flipped around to ask him if he had ever even ridden a dirt bike, he said no and we got into a arguement about this. he thought anyone can ride motocross, it doesn't take any skill or athleticism. and i was trying to covince him it does. i ended up just laughing at his stupidity and turning around.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Why would you care what other people think? If you like riding, then ride.

Dec 31, 2008
"i ended up just laughing at his stupidity and turning around"

thats the best thing you could have done. there are many ignorant, and narrow minded people in the world.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
It's not just school kids that think that. I work with people that don't understand why I come in Monday so sore I can barely sit down. All you do is sit down and turn that thingy on the steering bar, they say while I just sit there with a big grin on my face remembering the good times I had the day before. :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Maybe they just think you are an old geezer ;)

2strokesrock

Oct 7, 2008
I have a friend who thinks that way... he insistes that I can't get exercise on a dirt bike....If he could only see what I did yesterday! I went for a ride with some of my riding buddies, and I am soo sore from picking my bike up. I layed it out 6 times in 3 hours, It had been raining all day and we were on really muddy cattle trails :) we would get off our bikes and push each other up the hills that we couldent make :P it was awesome!

Top Bottom