Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
That almost looks like it might have been one of those do it yourself 500's. I'm not positive but it appears that the front broke above the top weld on the cradle? And maybe there is some kind of machined or cast piece that slid inside the downtube in that area? The pics make it really difficult to tell though.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Yeah, I'm thinkin' someone dropped the ball on welding that lower engine cradle in.

I love how a 500 throws roost a hundred yards at 2k rpm.

The one guy in the video was a bit loco I think. He was rippin' that thing.

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
That bike was NOT a Service Honda,
although several Service 500AF's were being ridden that day by David Thorpe, Greg Hansen, Rob Herring ,and Luke Hill.
and had no issues at all! other than throwing big roost! ;)
Luke Hill is currently sitting second in the British 2 stroke Championships.

That broken bike , was a home built of a fast upcoming UK rider,
(I believe scott edenfield?)
whose father had contacted about buying a service bike previously ,
but decided to build there own.....
he dint get hurt ,is the main thing..
and i'm sure they went back and rethought how they should build it.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
AJ Waggoner said:
That bike was NOT a Service Honda,
although several Service 500AF's were being ridden that day by David Thorpe, Greg Hansen, Rob Herring ,and Luke Hill.
and had no issues at all! other than throwing big roost! ;)
Luke Hill is currently sitting second in the British 2 stroke Championships.

That broken bike , was a home built of a fast upcoming UK rider,
(I believe scott edenfield?)
whose father had contacted about buying a service bike previously ,
but decided to build there own.....
he dint get hurt ,is the main thing..
and i'm sure they went back and rethought how they should build it.

Obviously there is a lot more to it than just mounting up an engine to the frame.

Let this be a lesson to all of you that want to convert your bikes from whatever stock engine, to a 500 or whatever. There's a bit of engineering to it..

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
IndyMX said:
Obviously there is a lot more to it than just mounting up an engine to the frame.

Let this be a lesson to all of you that want to convert your bikes from whatever stock engine, to a 500 or whatever. There's a bit of engineering to it..
:fft: Hater, yer jis jealous. Them "professional" fab guys is jus out ta get in yer wallet.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Indy I am surprised to even see AJ's name mentioned into such a catastrophic event as such. Human though he is, you have got to be kidding me! Track record aside, welding aluminum is an art, and some other countries secret blend of metals? AJ, when are you putting out your first book? It will go far above Monkey But!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Never happen. I for one know my limitations, and its direct effect on my health!!!! My location on this spinning mass in the universe is priceless, AJ does my aluminum welding!

Top Bottom