john1216

Apr 17, 2002
I have an 02 Husaberg with about thrty hours on it. Tonight I noticed the fork seal leaking. Was wondering if this is common for WP? Does anyone offer better seals?

The Forks were cleaned after every ride and there was little time spent in the mud. I just hate to go through the hassle of putting new seals in if I can only look forward to doing it again next year!

Thanks for any advice, John.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
For a Wp fork you have done well-ive heard they have a new material for the seals thats better than the old one.It identified by the colour of the seal.Also many people remove the spring around the edge of the seal and shorten it by a few mm.Another thing to consider is often its just mud packed behind the seal that stops it working and a feeler gauge pushed into the seal and worked around the fork leg removes the build up and stops the leaks.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
John like Marcus says try the new black seals and either wrap the spring tighter or I sometimes double up the springs . Dont try to use Showa type seals as they make way too much stichtion and will drag way too much.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom