brookesdad

Sep 15, 2007
Have a wr250 and when I put it in first gear with the clutch pulled in the bike still has power to the wheel and I have to use the brake. I have tried adjusting the lever but it didn't fix it. I let an experienced guy ride the bike and he said the clutch was slipping a little.

How do I fix the clutch, have a manual but curious of how much needs to be replaced? Just plates?

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
the most likely is that the outer, inner or both clutch basket are notched and prevent the discs to separate. the fix is to take out the cluctch cover and ispect it.
if you have the manual then it´s a easy job. you may have to replace both baskets but i really i´m not aware of the prices on USA. check a online shop to know the prices like service honda.

link:http://www.servicehonda.com/parts.html

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Did this happen when the engine was hot? How much power to the wheel? If the bike was just creeping a little bit, it sounds like what mine does when it's hot. I think the term is "clutch fade". Try a search? ;)

brookesdad

Sep 15, 2007
does it more when the bike is cold. I took the clutch apart and it seems fine so I am going to put it back together with fresh oil and see how it does this weekend.

Top Bottom