XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Yeah, I bust on the FMX'ers, but I gotta bust a little harder on them now. Especially the judges.

Seems you can't get any kind of win unless you backflip. Maybe they are just trying to thin the ranks of freestylers by getting them all hurt. Maybe not a bad thing . . . :think:

Anyhoo, then we get to the final jump off or whatever it's called, and theres' this Ox kid and Deegan who are vying for the title of Best Goober in the Snow or whatever. So Deegan does his no-foot-backflip-Robbie-Knievel-hand-off-the-bars-for-a-microsecond trick. yay. he bumps into first.

So then next time around this Ox kid does it and manages to land one handed after pulling the no-foot backflip thingie. I'm sure it has a name like the Hemerhoidia or something. I figured he'd pull out a win with it, or at least get more points than Deegan since he did the trick better. But no.

I guess since Deegan got all busted up last year he gets a win this year. The X-Games are X-Lame. :|

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
You're scaring me Pred. It sounds like you actually watched it for more than five minutes.

I saw it last night, watched one jump and changed the channel...which is rare for me when I see dirtbikes on TV. Freestyle just seems really played out to me. When even the backflips seem boring, there's a problem.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Like figure skating and gymnastics, freestyle MX is a judged sport and therefore sucks. Don’t get me wrong, the tricks that the riders perform are nothing short of spectacular, but to choose one perfect back flip over another comes down to some emotional response.

I’d like FMX better if there were required moves that each performer had to complete within a certain amount of time. This way they wouldn’t only be judged by the “style” they exhibit, but how they structure their performance.

Like NASCAR, it seems as though the audience is there to witness the crash.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I'm not saying I'm behind it or anything, but between X-games and dang ol' funniest home videos (and a load of other tripe along the channel selector), I decided I'd watch some dirt bikes for a bit.

fiveo

Jun 10, 2002
Who cares if it's .... hill climbs gncc flat track fmx outdoor indoor or freeriding it's 20 degrees out side for meand it's dirt bikes...I'll watch it all day so quit cryying

WideOpen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 21, 2000
dustin miller(3rd place guy) shoulda won it, but he didnt do a backflip so i guess that makes him suck

even my girlfriend said his tricks were better than a "stupid backflip". i think his trick was well worth watching, i was shocked

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
fiveo said:
Who cares if it's .... hill climbs gncc flat track fmx outdoor indoor or freeriding it's 20 degrees out side for meand it's dirt bikes...I'll watch it all day so quit cryying

Pred! I Guess the whaaaaambulance has been called on you, GOSH!

va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
I agree with WideOpen, Dustin Miller should have won hands down. I watch because I know these guys are trying to have some fun and do what they love. Sure, the introduction of the backflip has somehow made freestyle seem a little silly to me, but oh well.

Snocross on the other hand is awesome! I can't believe how far those guys have progressed. The finals tonight should be great! Tucker Hibbert was flying in the prelims, but his bad start cost him the win. I think he'll pull it out tonight!

The snowboard superpipe competition was nothing short of spectacular. Those guys have no fear.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
That sucked....totally. I think they (judges) totally blew it...not that I care, really, but c'mon.
Cameron Steele fits well though......He's the perfect announcer for this since BS is his strength.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Wolf said:
Cameron Steele fits well though......He's the perfect announcer for this since BS is his strength.

Now THAT'S true! I kept waiting for him to say, "Each bike weighs about 50 pounds more at the end of the run due to the snow that has accumulated under the fenders!"

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Rooster said:
Pred! I Guess the whaaaaambulance has been called on you, GOSH!
Roost, everyone, even the driver, needs a ride once in a while.

yessss . . .

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
The sno-cross final was pretty cool, and it was live. If we could get SX on the WinterX we could get some live coverage!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom