Jackyl

Apr 29, 2002
Got my girlfriend a 2003 XR100 last summer. It was used but the stock rear tire was still 50% intact and apparently already had it's break-in valve adjustment, etc. Well, it ran alright but was a dog. I pulled the airfilter, cleaned it, removed the intake silencer, cleaned the muffler insert / spark arrestor, (it was clogged up really bad) and changed the spark plug. Now, it hesitates at like part to half throttle all teh time. I hate it, but it runs so much better besides the fact. I raised the clip on the needle one notch and it seems to un even harder, but the hesitation is still there, and gets worse when it really cool outside. I read that a lot of XR100 guys are making them richer. From 98 to 104 on the main jet. What should I do...get the richer main, or lower the clip to one past the middle? The plug is kinda dark sooty black after all last year of running it so I had thought it was already too rich. I thouht the only screw there was the idle screw, but I heard there is another screw to adjust...do you guys have any ideas? Thanks.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom