t rev

May 5, 2007
I've been riding a 95 XR 250 for the past 3 years or so and it has been a great bike, BUT in the last year I've been wanting more power and more suspension. If I try and ride that bike as hard as I can, it seems to whimper underneath me. I love threading the needle through the trees, over rock bluffs and hopping logs, this bike shines when it gets nasty but as soon as things open up a bit, it starts to suck and I can't keep up. I need to upgrade!!!

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
5' 11" 200lbs

2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
I go riding to get a work out and feel disappointed when I don't come home exhausted, I usually push the mental and physical limits almost every time I ride.

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
Hare scrambles, enduros, weekend hardcore trail rides, junior trials and the odd trip to a MX track for fun

4) Do you have any riding experience?
20+ years, intermediate to expert trails,

5) Do you think you will race ?
Yes

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
Yes and yes, unless it requires special tools and/or expertise

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
I've always been a Honda guy (XR, XL, CR)

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
Kawasaki, Husaberg, Sherco, Gas Gas and Beta dealer 5 miles away. Great dealer, known him since my first XR 75

9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike?
4-5 thousand CDN.

10) Do you live in California?
No

11) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

I'd love to buy new but my better sense tells me not to( taxes, depreciation, expense)

Any advice appreciated.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
A GasGas 250 or 300 sounds like a really good fit.

t rev

May 5, 2007
Thanks guys for your input, I think I've taken 95 XR250's advice and I just bought an 04 Honda CRF 250X on **** for 2800 US$. Is that a fair deal provided it doesn't cost a fortune in freight to get it home.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
You should really give a GasGas a try. You can pick up a used GasGas for dirt cheap and they run like a champ. Where in Canada are you located?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
SpeedyManiac said:
You should really give a GasGas a try. You can pick up a used GasGas for dirt cheap and they run like a champ. Where in Canada are you located?
He already bought a bike :)

And a fine choice I might add... enjoy!

Top Bottom