roostafish

Jul 14, 2000
My throttle has a light pull, and a sluggish return, I suspected my throttle return spring, but took off the carb to find it quite stout, it's not broken, and the bike is a year 2000 (xr 250), so it can't be sacked out already?!

I have an aluminum throttle tube and have lubed the cables. Is ther some wierd thing I could have done while installing the cables in the tube housing?

I am running hand guards, but the throttle is not pushed up against the end. I have gone so far as to grease the inside of the tube and inside the housing.

Any ideas?
What's up with the twin cables? Seems funky to me. This is the first four stroke I've ever owned so forgive me, but I'd like to have a two stroke like throttle.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
roostafish.

If your cables are in good condition, make sure they are adjusted with a little free play in them. If you take ALL of the slack out of the cables, they can tend to return slowly.

The second cable is for positive shut-off. It is a safty thing so the throttle can't stick open. Some people remove the return cable and use a single cable only.

Just my $ 0.2

Ol'89r

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Have you dissasembled the carb? I had the same problem after the first time I dessasembled mine. Turns out that there is a small hole on the top of the slide. If you attach the arm that raises the slide incorrectly, it'll cover up that hole, and it will return snowly. One way to check without dissasemly, is to loosen the screws on top of the carb. If the problem goes away, there's your problem. By loosening the screws, you eliminate the suction that the slide creates when the hole in it is covered. Hope this helps.

Jeremy

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom