XR400R bark buster and lever solution for hands

DougTx

~SPONSOR~
Oct 5, 2008
Hey guys,

Ok first weekend under the belt and love the 2002 XR400R I bought.

The only weak point I have is that the bark busters (some carbon fibre looking things) and brake and clutch levers leave a lot to be desired.

It is a butcher job at best. The levers are broken off on the tips on purpose so they clear the hand guards and they are kinda loose and cruddy anyway. It appears that regular levers will not fit under them so....

I am looking to probably replace the entire setup with something that is clean, and works properly with no home made solutions.

Do you guys have any recomendations on a setup that you like? Where you got them, the name and model, price etc?

Anything really will help and I am researching on my own also. My riding style is trail and park riding so limbs and foliage are a concern. I took two pretty good shots this weekend and not a scratch on my hands so they did work.

Much thanks...

Doug from Dallas...

Last edited:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
stock length levers should work, if they are properly positioned inward on the handlebar, with most any type of barkbusters.

Honestly, though, I almost always cut the end knobs off my levers because I have real fat fingers and it works better for me when I'm doing the two-finger lever thing and still hanging onto the grips. At least that's what I did with my XR, and I ran the reinforced plastic Acerbis Rally handguards.

It's all about getting everything lined up proper to fit yourself.

Top Bottom