XR650L Stolen in Dallas/Ft. Worth Area

robjohn1

Jun 16, 2002
Bike was stolen last night in Bedford, Texas. 1997 Honda XR650L street legal dirt bike. White plastic & gas tank, red seat.

Unusual features: Most unusual thing about the bike is that the black plastic taillight assembly (taillight and license plate holder) was missing. As of last night, the taillight was secured with a aluminum bracket painted white that definitely looks out of place as taillight wires are exposed to open air. The previous owner installed small trailer lights on the white plastic above the headlight but I removed them and put on full size turn signals from another bike. The rear turn signals are dissimilar upon close inspection as they are different lengths. Holes were drilled into the plastic to retain the smaller turn signals. Bike had aftermarket FMF exhaust on it as well.

The license plate number was Texas 433H4Y. License plate was mounted directly to the bottom of the rear fender.

VIN number JH2RD0600VM401039 (stamped on bike in area between handle bars, gas tank, and forks.

Please call police if you see the bike. Persons giving information that directly leads to the arrest and prosecution of the responsible parties will be rewarded. Thanks for your support, John

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
It's in the system as stolen so hopefully they'll find it for you. Keep a look out and good luck.
Elk

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Your'e not a friend of Thumps are you? He's been known to take things that are not his. I recall a thread a while back when he took someones bike and even video'd the ransome.

That was all in fun and I know your situation isn't. I really hope you get some justice and the ****s that took it end up on the next Darwin awards.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Will kepp an eye out for it. Its terrible that there are such skumbags out there.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Originally posted by Jeff Gilbert
Your'e not a friend of Thumps are you? He's been known to take things that are not his. I recall a thread a while back when he took someones bike and even video'd the ransome.

That was all in fun and I know your situation isn't. I really hope you get some justice and the ****s that took it end up on the next Darwin awards.

Actually taht was one big huge (but AWESOME) prank pulled by thump and I think Twinspank and MX221 also had a hand. They took the idea from some boating/hunting website as I remember it. If that thread isn't archived, it should be.

Top Bottom