JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Last weekend one of my friends brought home his wife's minty fresh 1974 XR75. Today we spent the afternoon rebuilding the carb, changing the oil, and basically making it run. It's been parked for 20 years, but it fired up immediately and runs like a champ. It even idles perfectly. :eek:

The little jewel needs some bits & pieces though. Does anyone have a line on XR75 parts?

The chrome rims are too rusty to salvage, and so are the spokes and handlebars. The tank and side covers are nice, but the front number plate is missing. It needs tires and tubes also. I'm amazed that it's so complete and that it runs so well.

One thing's for certain: The little bike sent me on a trip in the wayback machine. I think I'm gonna buy one too.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001

Attachments

• 1974_xr75.jpg
    1974_xr75.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 182

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
My second bike was an XR75, but I'm not sure if it was a '74 or '75.  Oh to be young again :whiner:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Thanks, Smit Dog. I'm not going to show that pic to Geoff. His bike is butt-ugly compared to that one.

I've found lots of parts on Ebay already. This is going to be a fun project.

I lusted after an XR75, but I've never owned one. The closest I got was a Charlie Brown lawnmower engined mini with a bicycle seat and no suspension.

Maybe I'll look around for one now. It's gotta be cheaper than therapy.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom