ckachur

May 30, 2009
Greetings dirtrider.net forum goers, I am in dire need of assistance. My 2006 TTr230 is giving me troubles.

I have some carb knowledge, as well as intermediate mechanic skills. So not going to confuse me too easily

Brought the ttr out from winter storage and low and behold it wont go.... so i pulled the carb off and yes, a little bit of grren residue in the bottom. So i pull the needle, jet and atomizer out giving everything a healthy cleaning before i assembled it again (greasing the seals of coarse)

Now this is where it went wrong (hahaha) got everything back together except 2 lines on the carb (am still under the assumption that they are overflow or breather lines) the one inlet if i blow on it the bike runs....and runs well, but as soon as i stop (run out of breath and hack my lungs out) the bike stalls out.

I have also covered the air flow to the carb with my hand via the air box and it eventually pulls gas on my hand.

Where am i wrong. Is it a vacuum leak? incorrect carb settings? or could it just be the 2 inlets for fuel line that i have run improper.

Any input on how to check and remedy these possible problems, or insight to another problem i may have would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Chris

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
ckachur said:
Greetings overflow or breather lines) the one inlet if i blow on it the bike runs....and runs well, but as soon as i stop (run out of breath and hack my lungs out) the bike stalls out.

Regards,
Chris

Dang! That's a new one on me. :whoa: You could get a pressure tank and a longer line and it will run until the tank runs out of pressure. ;) Or, have your girlfriend sit on the back of the bike and blow into the tube. :ohmy:

OR, you could clean out your pilot jet and pilot air system. Nine times out of ten, when a bike sits for any length of time, the pilot jet will clog up.

The fact that you had the green residue in the float bowl tells me this is most likely your problem. Remove the pilot jet (the tiny jet next to the main jet) and make sure you can see through the orifice. Also make sure the pilot air circuit is clean. You may have to soak the carb in a good carb cleaner to get it clean.

Top Bottom