duzmor

Jul 7, 2005
I need some input on Yahmalube - I am thinking of useing Yahmalube with a Suzuki RM 125 - The Bike Is going to have a new top end this Saturday -

What do think of Yahmalube ?

What is a Good mix (Gas and Oil)

Thanks
Duz

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
Plenty of people use it. I prefer a full synthetic myself. My engine stays nice and clean on the inside and I have almost no exhaust smoke once the bike is warmed up. Most people run 32:1 gas/oil mix.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
duzmor said:
I need some input on Yahmalube - I am thinking of useing Yahmalube with a Suzuki
What do think of Yahmalube ?
What is a Good mix (Gas and Oil)

Have had very good luck with Yamalube 'R' at 32:1. Don't mix it with other oils though. Mix up a fresh batch.
Even works good in a Honda. ;)

Just my $ .02

therock3920

Aug 17, 2005
i use belray raceing oil in mine its works pretty good too i found if u use that cheap crap from walmart it makes ur bike run like crap and fouls ur plugs out more than the other stuff but belray is not too bad ither

keithb7

Feb 5, 2005
I run the cheap crap from Walmart in my CR250. Actually it is Castrol 2 stroke motorcycle oil. I have never failed a plug. I mix it at 32:1. I carry a spare plug with me on long trail rides and have never had to install it. In fact on a long ride I crashed and almost completely squished my pipe closed right near the cylinder. I was about 40 miles from my vehicle in the middle of no where. I rode for another 2 hours before I got to the vehicle. Still never fouled a plug. Been running that oil since my rebuild in March of this year. Ride regularly 1 to 2 times per week for about 2hrs each ride. No problems at all.
Will be tearing into the top end for inspection this winter.

NM_KDX200

Dec 29, 2002
My past 3 bikes have been used and the owners have all used Bel Ray MC-1. Upon tear-down, I've found all 3 to be carboned up. My KX was carboned up enough that the powervalve was stuck and not working. On all 3, I used Yamalube 2R and have had excellent results. I've never fouled a plug (not even on my old '78 RM125!). On teardown, I've found the engines to be clean, oiled, with very little carbon, and well within service limits.

Yamalube 2R @ 32:1 is good stuff, IMHE.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
I've used Yamalube for over 20 years in Yamahas, Suzukis and and a Honda. All with no problems. If I purchased another two stroke I wouldn't hesitate to use Yamalube again! :cool:

RM Deamon

Aug 30, 2005
Sawblade said:
I've used Yamalube for over 20 years in Yamahas, Suzukis and and a Honda. All with no problems. If I purchased another two stroke I wouldn't hesitate to use Yamalube again! :cool:

Ditto :cool:

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
I've used Yamalube 2R since it came out in the mid 1990's. Before that I used Yamalube R and before that Bell-Ray MC1+. The 2R is an excelent oil. My engines lasted very well and stayed clean. Never had a pv get carbond or gummed up and I'm not one to change top ends or clean them very often. Overall, I'm very impressed with this oil:)

mattb348

Aug 2, 2005
RM Deamon said:
Ditto :cool:

do you guys use yamalube 2R? What is yamalube 2R, and what is the difference between it and normal yamalube?

I have a KX 250 and I think I'll start using the yamalube. Right now I am using klotz snowmobile racing oil, mixed 32:1, which costs like $40.00 for a gallon :( Also, I hear that klotz will gum up my powervalve etc. Is this true?

How much does yamalube cost per gallon?

duzmor

Jul 7, 2005
Thanks for all the help - I am going to change to Yamalube 2R

Does anyone know how much Yamalube 2 R do you mix for a 5 gal Gas to get 32:1 Mix

Thanks
Duz

NM_KDX200

Dec 29, 2002
duzmor said:
Does anyone know how much Yamalube 2 R do you mix for a 5 gal Gas to get 32:1 Mix

Math 101:

1 gallon of gas = 128 oz.
1 bottle of oil = 16 oz.

suppose you dumped a bottle of oil in a gallon of gas:
128 oz gas:16 oz oil = 8:1

32 (desired amount)/8 (current amount) = 4

4 gallons gas/16 oz oil = 512 oz gas:16 oz oil = 32:1

Suppose you want 40:1......

Some things remain the same:
1 gallon gas = 128 oz
1 bottle oil = 16 oz

128:16 = 8:1

this changes:
40/8 = 5

5 gallons gas: 1 pint oil = 40:1

Unless you want to always have a partially opened bottle of oil sitting around, you'll work the gas to the oil and not vice versa.

BigDylan

Sep 12, 2005
i use motul 800 synthetic in my bike but i have used yamalube 2R before how do they compare with each other?

I dont mind the price difference if that really matters to others

duzmor

Jul 7, 2005
I Just did a Top end rebuild on a 1990 RM 125- and went with Yahmalube 2r at 32:1-

Do you guys that use Yamalube get a lot of smoke out the pipe

It smokes alot more then my old oil !

Duz

mattb348

Aug 2, 2005
NM_KDX200 said:
Quite a bit of smoke, but not much spooge. The main thing for me is that the engine looks good.

I wonder if it smokes more becuase more of the oil is actually being burned rather than dripping out of the pipe & unburned???

It makes sense in theory, but rather or not it is really the case, I dunno :)

Aug 26, 2005
Getting top dollar "prestige" racing oils is highly overrated for the average recreational rider IMO. I do think it is at least worth getting a full synthetic, however, as they are proven superior and will probably increase the life of your engine enough to be worth a little extra $$$. I use Honda HP2 full synthetic and couldn't be happier. You can buy it online through speed shops cheaper than at the Honda dealer, too.

blackoutyz125

Aug 7, 2004
Its good stuff. I ran yamahalube 2r, for about 6 months, then the shop in town quit stocking it. I did a topend about the same time. My motor was spotless. I switched over to Maxima castrol, about 2 months later my motor sized up (probally unrelated to oil switch) but oh my was it a mess. Carbon build-up like you wouldnt belive.

Now I strictly run 2r in my new 00!

mos11b

Feb 8, 2004
2-stroke diehard said:
Getting top dollar "prestige" racing oils is highly overrated for the average recreational rider IMO. I do think it is at least worth getting a full synthetic, however, as they are proven superior and will probably increase the life of your engine enough to be worth a little extra $$$. I use Honda HP2 full synthetic and couldn't be happier. You can buy it online through speed shops cheaper than at the Honda dealer, too.

What is the link to speed shops?

:bang:

Aug 26, 2005
mos11b said:
What is the link to speed shops?

:bang:

www.yamahaoftroy.com

Heh, I guess it was a dealer actually, just an online dealer. Every dealer I have visited in GA wants about $6.99 for a 16 ounce bottle of Honda HP2 2-stroke oil. This website has HP2 for $4.25! :nod: And Yamalube 2R for $3.39.

They also carry Maxima 927 and Bel-Ray oils.

EDIT: Just noticed those SOBs list HP2 at $5.49 on the actual website, but the current issue of Dirt Bike has an ad from them clearly stating $4.25, so maybe they would still honor it.

#1YZ125RACER

Feb 1, 2005
i have been using spectro sx full synthetic at 40:1 on my 2000 yz 125.....a few weeks ago i ran quicksilver oil in my bike an it is full of spooge is there an easy way to clean this out?

Top Bottom