Sep 11, 2005
I have a 92 wr200 and in the manual it says to run 24:1 yamalube R. I currently run 32:1 weedwhacker oil from the harware store. Sometimes it seems liek I am running too much oil but I'm not sure. Somone told me to run yamalube R at 40:1? What should I do?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Golden Spectro is what spooged up your pipe, #1. Dirtiest stuff I have ever used..but have no idea why. Nor do I care..crap product. :)
But there are those who swear by Golden Spectro full syn...(shrug)

I think that Yamalube 2R is one of the most economical oils that has a good track record of success.

mattb348,
I like Klotz products...but IMO, you need to be the type of rider that has it pegged most of the time to see any benefit from their two stroke products.

The chemistry of oils will normally target a general area of concern. Some will be formulated with maximum performance in mind, yet may compriomise corrosion protection....and visa-versa...

Also...it is my opinion that noone can make an intelligent decision about the "real" prowess of a specific oil unless they have the carburation circuits ironed out. It may well be that your bike jetted for one oil at 32:1 will need jetting tweaks with another oil at the same ratio.

Spooge and carbon on the power valves are good indicators of oil performance.
But other factors should also be considered like, how the crank looks after sitting for a week in outdoor temps. Is there rust on it?

Is the ratio I'm running really where I should be?...Is there any visible residual oil on my crank and bearings?

Meticulously measure parts and clearances before and after replacements. Did my oil really allow my engine to wear less?

Does my oil smell trick enough for me to ride with my homeslices without fear of ridicule?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom