WIthumper

Apr 4, 2001
I have an 01 Yamaha WR250F and am about to change the fork oil. When I look in the manual, it recommends to use the Yamaha 01 fork fluid. This stuff is REALLY expensive!! I was wondering what other equivalent fork oil can I use that will not break the bank? I would like to use the same weight, but when I called the dealership to ask what weight the 01 is, they had no clue.

WITHUMPER

MSracer

~SPONSOR~
Feb 5, 2003
Look at the spec charts for suspension oils and you will see them in the charts. The weight numbers are figured from these specs. The cSt numbers are a more accurate way of comparing suspension fluids than weights. That is what I have been told anyway...

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Wow 15 wt sounds really a bit thick dont you think espescially for good action in the woods . 01 oil is like really close to 5 wt pretty sure . If youve never changed the stock oil out youll probably like the way the forks work with new stuff . If you really want to compare try to do a search as this has probably been a previous topic.Bel ray 5wt$ 8.00qt .

WIthumper

Apr 4, 2001
I think 15wt sounds a bit heavy as well and I did a search and did not find anything useful. I would think this would have been a very common question. I stopped at one shop and they thought it could be a 2.5 wt, but was not sure. 50 bucks on fork oil is a bit hard to swallow. I am tempted to use 5 wt though. How do I find a spec chart for suspension fluids? I don't want to make this too complicated. I just think there would have been a lot of owners wrenching on their bikes and when they look at "01" as a replacement fluid, they squint their face and scratch their head totally confused and numbed when they find out the cost of this stuff.

WITHUMPER

Top Bottom