pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
Hey! I finally got a dirt bike. YAY. Its a 1990 YZ80. I'm a lil too fat for it, but its all good!! i rode it tonight, stalled a few times, but didnt fall!!! Ic ant beilve that my obsession has finaly becom my reality!!!!! Just thought i'd let you all know and share my overwhelming happiness!!! i already LOVE this sport more than ever.

susie q

Jul 28, 2003
That's awesome. Congratulations. I am still shopping for mine, but am hoping to be on one before it gets too late in the Fall. Have fun!

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
I wish you luck on finding one. I was baout to give up looking for one...(gasp) but then along comes a deal!!!!! Just be patient and dont jump for the first bike that comes your way. I let about 3 bikes pass before i found this one that is great ofr me.

Nevertheless

Jul 1, 2003
Hi Pyro...way to go !!!
There's nothing like that first bike. You'll outgrow it, have others, but you'll always have fond fond memories of that first one. Take lots of pictures of it and of you on it.

Whew, I remember my first bike. Back then in Massachusetts you couldn't buy a vehicle without parental permission unless you were 21. I bought my first bike 3 days after I turned 21 (you think maybe I'd been shopping ?). I was SO excited about that bike. I had to keep it locked up outside where I was living. I slept outside next to it for a week in a sleeping bag. I'd wake up in the morning smelling rubber, rolled up against the front tire.
-nevertheless

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Congrats! I'm on my first bike now, and I love it. I want to buy a new one, but I almost don't want to quit riding this one. Since it's a full size bike at least I know I won't outgrow it!

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Squeaky, you will outgrow the XR. By outgrowing bikes, we don't always mean they become too small, we mean they don't have enough power, the wrong sort of power & other variants. It can mean as your skill level increases you no longer have to flat-foot the bike & are keen to try something bigger.

At a guess, you're not too far away from outgrowing the XR :) Can you afford to buy another bike & keep the XR as a spare?

Pyro, how are you going with your bike? Still in love?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Michelle,
You are right on the money with that post. She is indeed steadily working her way to being an excellent rider. I think after Dirtweek she will have tried enough bikes to be able to decide if the XR is the bike she wants to continue on. For now though, the price is right :)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Originally posted by Papakeith
I think after Dirtweek she will have tried enough bikes to be able to decide if the XR is the bike she wants to continue on.

I definetely wasn't thinking about outgrowing a bike as just becoming a better rider, I was thinking literally outgrowing. I don't always read into things as far as I should :ugg: . But Michelle you make a very good point...and I certainly hope that soon I will find the bike that is perfect for me!

For now though, the price is right :)

That's for certain! :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom