Hurricane

Jan 16, 2004
Right now I am riding a 97 yz125, but am seriously thinking about switching :whiner: to a "newer" bike. I will probably be looking for a 01+ cr, I was thinking about upgrading to a 250, but having ridden on a 99 yz250 they seem to have ALOT more vibration than my 125, and I dont like going numb when riding :laugh: . However, I havent consistantly heard positive ratings about the cr125, and am not sure what to expect. If you guys could give me some info on them that would be great. :)

M.C.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
information!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!size?type of riding?age?experience?

CRguyStan

Dec 10, 2001
250's will always produce more vibration, and I have found that you get used to it quite quickly. One thing that I use that tends to help is a Byeson "Flex Grip" that lets the left grip move a bit to lessen the feel of the motor. Also crossbar-less handlebars help remove some of the vibration.
My opinion is if you want more bottom-mid and less top-overrev get a 250, if not stick with the 125. I love the 250s now, on my 2nd CR250. Having not ridden the YZ, maybe the CR aluminum frame dissipates some of the vibration.
Or think of it as a free massage every time you ride!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom