No1Stunna

Jun 3, 2006
I just want to say thanks in advance for the replies, this site is awsome. Ok to start out I have a 99 Cr125 with the following, Brand new filter, Pro Circuit Pipe and Silencer, V Force Reeds, my stupid question well I live in MD about 3360 ft above sea level that is, but the Honda book suggests my pilot and main to be 50 and 168, I just took off my bowl and the guy before me had 55 and 178, what do you guys believe would be a better setup? The bike used to blow plugs if if did any type of slow riding for lets just say about 3-5 min it would bogg and if I downshifted and held it wide open for about 6secs to clear it out then I was ok. I took out the packing in the muffler and it was burnt to the pipe with a **** load of splooge on it. Please help me out finding the right jet size. Thanks again.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Buy the stock jets and start there. Those jet sizes seem very rich to me. Read the jetting link at the top of this forum but again, start from the factory setting and follow the proceedures in the link.

uhlanmc

Aug 23, 2005
The honda book is usually fat on the setting for altitude. I've done 250's for 5000ft and up. I don't know which carb you have, but the mikuni carbs seem to need more attention. try a 48 pilot, 165 main and adjust the air screw. If the needle is stock try the 2nd from top. Hope this helps.

No1Stunna

Jun 3, 2006
I have the Mikuni Pj series, Thanks for the replies another question. Where could I pick up a used cdi box, when I stripped the bike down completely I must of thrown it away.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2005
No1Stunna said:
I have the Mikuni Pj series, Thanks for the replies another question. Where could I pick up a used cdi box, when I stripped the bike down completely I must of thrown it away.

mikuni doesnt make a pj series of carbs.keihin does and if a pj is what you have then its a keihin.that is the carb that came stock on the 99 cr.they switched to mikuni in 2000.also for a used cdi box try the unmentionable auction site,im sure you'll find one easily.good luck

No1Stunna

Jun 3, 2006
Oh **** yeah I didnt even realize that I put that I had a Mikuni, sorry lil late last nite. By what unmentionable auction site are you talking about?

No1Stunna

Jun 3, 2006
Lol figured that, didnt know if there was another site. Im an **** junkie, just got a dog bone from there,, mine was cracked. But anyway thanks for replying.

No1Stunna

Jun 3, 2006
Also the plug in it is a Br8es, but I thought that its supposed to run a Br9es? That would be one step colder than stock right? Meaning the Br8 is one step colder than stock right? Thanks

BJAWES

Mar 22, 2004
Most 125's run the BR9 ES or EG. Most 250's run BR8's which is hotter not cooler. Who ever put that plug in probably tried to stop it from fouling by using a hotter plug. Go back to a BR9.

Top Bottom