bratt

Pain in da butt
Mar 22, 2002
Hey long time no post!! Just thought I would pop in here and say hello before you guys forget who I am. I'm currently working as a roust-about for a shearing contractor in New South Wales. I left my job as a horse groom, that was just a crappy situation. I am in the official 'Outback'. We are currently working at a sheep station called Buckambe which is roughly 100,000 acres and runs about 11,000 head of sheep. We are 2 hours from the closest town and half of that is on a dirt road. There is no FM radio stations only am and I think actually there is only one station we get. Unfortunately they are quite fond of 80's music and I'm not talking about the cool kind of 80's music. Oh yeah there is a Pub about 20 minutes away that also doubles as an airport and a hotel. I'm having an absolute blast. I went Rodeo-ing last weekend and made heaps of new friends. The 21 yr olds are quite fond of me and I can't go anywhere with out someone yelling "Hey Yank!" They really like it when I go ghetto and bust out with a 'for real yo' or an occasional 'aight' I had 20 bronc riders walking around trying to say 'aight' lol! The other roust-about that I work with is actually a girl named Adelaide and it's her family property we are working on right now. She has taken me under her wing and I get to stay in the big house with her rather than in the shearers quarters with the rest of the team. That means I get a TV, the internet, and my own room! Anyhow we will be here for another two weeks before moving on to the next shed. I have met so many great people and seen the real Australia since I have started this job. So far I have learned you ALWAYS go to the pub on Friday after work. Getting on the piss has nothing to do with the bathroom and Australian guys sound soooo cute when they say "THAT'S naughty!" hehehe :laugh:
I miss you guys heaps,
Gina

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm jealous! Sounds like you are having fun. Enjoy for the rest of us!

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Oh to be young again. You're having a once in a lifetime experience and it sound like you're making the most of it. Have fun and be safe. ;)

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Gina, this is way to cool. Keep us up to date when you can with any new stories or discoveries. :cool:

Mully

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Geener!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you are posting again, maybe we will be able to hear more from you and your travels and, ummmmm, it would be okay with me if you posted some pics of 21 year old Aus men. Really.

Love, Natty

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Gina!!! I am SOOOOOO jealous of you. That sounds like so much fun. I'm with Natty, let see pictures!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Hey Gina - thanks for the update! Sounds like the experience of a lifetime!!! Awesome! :cool:

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
Thanks for the update Gina. I'm so jealous, I have wanted to go to Australia since I was a little kid! Keep having fun and get us some pictures of those hot 21 year olds!

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
GINAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Good to hear from you again. I'm so glad you're having a good time!! Good on ya. ;)

Don't forget my wombat. you promised. :laugh:

PICTURES!!

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Another vote for pictures here! :yeehaw: It's so exciting reading your adventures. I'm glad things are working out so well for you down there. It's been a distant dream of mine to be in a situation such as yours... working with animals all day, going to rodeos when you're not working, kicking up dirt, being out in the middle of nowhere... ahhh, yes the life of a true cowgirl. I'm beyond jealous and extremely happy for you!! Thank you for sharing with us! Take care of yourself, chica. :cool:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I'll pass on the pictures but its good to hear from you. We miss you too but it sounds like your having alot of fun which is the important part.

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Sounds like you're enjoying yourself, except maybe the part of listening to men at work and midnight oil all day long. :rotfl: Have fun, keep us updated, and if you post some pictures make sure there's some women in them too. ;)

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
I miss you Gina.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Great to hear from you. Dang, that sounds like a fun place to be. We'll be sending the sun back your way tomorrow, so ... happy winter.

Have fun and send pictures of ALL the sights. ;)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
YAY!! Braaaaaat!

Glad you're having fun. Take is easy on those 21 year old boys :p

Top Bottom