You know what? Let me introduce myself

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
SFC- Keep going

The rest of you guys.....put a little something here....You can see by my posts that im not the best writer but you still get an idea of who I am.

michigan

Mar 9, 2001
Very well, where should I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims, like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. A sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. If I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds. Pretty standard, really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fifteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shawn scrotum. At the age of eighteen, I went off to evil medical school. From there... I started riding motorcycles and surfing the web.

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
There really is nothing like a shawn scrotum
whew, i thought i was the only one who liked shawn's scrotum, you too? good ole shawn, gotta get him a lil' tipsy before he'll let ya truley enjoy them tho.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by sfc crash
whew, i thought i was the only one who liked shawn's scrotum, you too? good ole shawn, gotta get him a lil' tipsy before he'll let ya truley enjoy them tho.
Shawn is gonna be so pissed when he finds out that you told.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
TMI !

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
:) (Place little coffee spewing smily face here.) :) :) :thumb:

GCooper

Oct 7, 2002
When I started racing the coolest tracks were open, now they are closed, now days the tracks seem all cosmetic. I started at the age of 8 and am 32 now. I don’t go out to be competitive anymore; I just like the fun and the fraternity. I am getting more and more in to short track FMX and ramp jumping. To me that is where I get off the most, in the air.

My childhood was crap, sorry for the phrase but it was. I managed to go through school and go into the USMC smack dab on my 18th birthday. I was a 2/9 15th MEU and took a float on the USS Tripoli and ended up in Somalia right after the famous black hawk down incident. I ended up SPF4 and was a MP for the duration of my time. I was going to be a cop but after the Waco and Ruby Ridge stuff I really did not want to be affiliated with a badge. Don’t get me wrong not all cops are bad. Just the ones who think they are God and kill US citizens for such petty crap.

I got back in June of 94’ and started a small build your own computer shop, well that turned into a ISP which now has turned into a CLEC and a DLEC. Today we are a small utility company in South West Wisconsin. We are also the largest standing geographic ISP in Wisconsin.

Since there is no where to ride where I live, unless you have a 4 Wheeler; I built my own 5 acre SX track on my farm. Pretty cool but it gets boring.

I plan on getting my ramp jumping down to a art, I can pull off most tricks and have done 17/22 backflips. The 5 no go’s hurt like hell.

I just love bikes and the sport. Like an old friend told me one time, Racing is just not a business, it’s a way of life that not too many people get to enjoy.

GCooper

Oct 7, 2002
Yes, try it sometime, it really is not that hard at all. Just have to have guts man.

Attachments

• rev2.jpg
    rev2.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 197

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
:think:

Im just wondering why I have never heard of you doing a backflip before?

Any pics or video of you doing a flip?

Last edited:

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
uht-oh! here it comes.......piano player stops playing.....people stop talking...bar get quite....all patrons back away from the bar...those at tables stand up and back away.....two stand at the bar...alone.....then one repeats his question
Im just wondering why I have never heard of you doing a backflip before?
:eek: :eek:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Back flips, pffftttttttttttt. Those things are as common as pig tracks now. In fact, I'm getting ready to do a double with a half twist over a gyrating helicopter and into a shark tank, at Ceasar's Palace, on my CZ. Let's see you Nancy boys top that one. You'll see it on the Tonight Show too. Pastrana is going to be there to shake my hand and Evel Kneivel is going to be begging for MY autograph. Coombs will interview me. Super Hunky will endorse freestyle. Just you wait and see. :worship: VD :worship:

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Hahah well no honestly. I mean im fairly big into freestyle. I have hit a ramp, I can do my fair share of tricks, and I keep up to date on my freestyle and im just wondering why a mistery flipper pops his head up now?? :) There are still some of the best FMX'ers in the world who cannot pull a flip, it just seems a tad odd that's all.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I'll take a stab at this one. My name is Doug and I was born, raised and still reside in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I'm 36 years old and just returned to riding last year after an absence of 20 years from dirt bikes and 14 years from street bikes.

Motorcycles have always been apart of my families life, my grandfather was a motorcyle cop from as far back as I can remember until he retired. I still remember trying to walking around the basement with his leather leggings (I think that's what you call them) of course instead of just covering the lower leg for me they came up to the hips :). My parents wed very young ( only 4 months before my birth :think: ) so there wasn't much for money around when I was a real youngin for motorcycles especially since I was eating up any spare cash for hockey fee's. My dad finally got a bike when I was 10 an old Norton 650 Chopper ( hey it was 1976 :) ) and everyday I'd wait anxiously for him to get home from work to take me for a ride. That same fall I got to finally ride a bike for the first time when another family visited our cottage and brought along their CT-70, one spin around the yard and I was hooked. I spent the better part of that winter driving my parents absolutely bonkers asking for a bike and my persistence paid off the next spring when dad came home one day out of the blue with a brand new 1977 Honda XL 75. That bike lasted about a week until we realized that I was going to destroy the lights etc very guickly and it was taken back to the dealer for the more off-road friendly XR 75. The next year after reading an 80 cc Magazine shootout I just had to have a 1978 RM80 and with folks blessing I sold the XR to my younger brother and covered the difference with my paper route money. I rode that 80 for 2 years but was never able to convince the folks to let me race, at the time I was crushed when money was a factor although now I look back as a parent and realize how lucky I was to have what I had and wonder how my folks managed with my brother and I both playing top level hockey at the time the cash requirements were huge! I briefly had a 1980 RM125 when I was 14 but by then all my riding buddies had packed it in so the bike was sold and I didn't own another bike until I ventured into street bikes.

I was never a real strong student and decided I'd had enough with University after the 1st year which I regret to this day. I started to date my wife in grade 7 and we married when we were 22. We are now approaching our 15th anniversary this year and things have never been better. In 1989 Our only child Troy was born and the added responsibility of parenthood combined with the reality of my parents being in a bad accident on my streetbike lead to the sale of my GS750ES.

During the next 11 years I moved from my job with a major Canadian retailer where I did undercover security as well as specialized in fraud investigations for the credit card division to a Senior Security postion with a local hospital.

On a whim one day shortly before x-mas 2000 I stopped by a local Yamaha shop to say hello to an old friend who had taken a sales job when the major retailer we had worked at went out of business. Two hours later I had left with my son's X-mas gift a slightly used 99 PW 80 as a side note to newlywed guys apparently this is a purchase you should at least mention to your spouse before showing up at home with the bike, oh well she got over it quickly :) The bike was a huge hit at x-mas with everyone excpet my mother who while supportive has real issues with bikes since the street accident. In short order I found a beat up old 82 XT 200 to chase Troy around on and we were off as soon as the snow melted. After some limited trail riding in the 2001 season Troy announced that fall that he wanted to quit baseball and soccer to have more time to ride the following summer. Spring 2002 came and we bought Troy a brand new 02 TT-R 125L which was a hit for about 3 days until he announced he wanted to race *sigh* sure would've been nice if he had shared that before I bought the TT-R. We sold the TT-R and picked up a used 99 KX80 and signed Troy up for MX classes put on by the Local MX association. While I wouldn't classify Troy as a natural he was having fun regardless of his placing and we were having a great time as a family either on practice days with him and I riding together or on race days as a whole family. In fact racing/riding has taken over our lives to the point that I pretty much have abandoned my golf obsession. I spent the better part of last summer being a mini-dad although I sure hope not in the derogatory way that term has come to be known and am having a blast. there has been some talk of upgrading my ride to something competitive and me trying some 250 beginner class races next year although that will be a funding based decision.

I currently still play hockey in the FOG (Fat Old Guy) league where the heaviest equipment bag contains the beer cooler :) . And although it was definately pushed to the back burner last year due to riding and racing I would still consider myself an avid golfer.

For those of you that made it to the end of this lengthy diatribe still awake I commend you as I'm certain not one of my teachers ever made it to the end of an essay I authored.

GCooper

Oct 7, 2002
I also know two FMX'rs who cant even place in a Novice calss event but are world champ FMXR's so go figure that one, just because I can do flips doesn't mean I am goin to run out and make my name known, I did and do them to prove to myself I can do them.

Jeeze if this was going to be such a big deal I would of never posted my story.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Well, I ain't much of a backflipper, my life ain't near as interesting as most of the others here, but I'll put it out there . . .

I was born a poor black child in a Mississippi ghetto . . . (no, wait, that ain't right!)

I was born just over 34 years ago here in Moscow, ID. My brother came along a couple years later. I had a high fever as a child, so I don't hear so good out of my left ear (a blessing now when the wife starts snoring). Our folks divorced, and both remarried, and so I got a stepbrother, half-brother, and half-sister. I just happen to be the oldest.

Anyhow, when I was about 9 and my brother 7, our stepdad's dad (step-grampa?) bought us an old Honda 50 Mini-trail, and we rode the wheels off of it. That got us into the scene, and after a few bikes, my bro started racing in the Jr. Mini class on a YZ50, and I got a '79 YZ100. That bike there just about cured me of any and all dirt biking! I dang near put myself in the horse-pistol, but ended up with a back that was one big scab. I sold that, bought the devil machine that was a DT175, which served double duty of getting me back and forth to school and running around on the trails.

Then I got into girls . . .

Met my future wife in High School, started in on tricking out a 70 chevy pickup, played some football (Real Football, you silly Brits! -- District 2 All-Star, thank you very much), wrestled, blew my knee, graduated, went to the University of Idaho, almost became a teacher, sold cars for about 6 months, then fell into a job with the Highway District as a grader operator, got married, had 2 kids, then became THE secretary!

In the meantime, I saw an ad for an '83 XR500R. I bought it. Sold it and bought a '97 XR400, and I still have it today. If I'd been patient, I'd have a YZ400F!

Anyhow, the wife talked me into a computer, and the day (the EXACT day) we got internet access, I happened to find a little site with about, oh, 5000 members (maybe less) where they talked about dirt bikes and all sorts of other stuff. And I never left . . . :confused:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
My name is Corey.  I was born in Western Ky in 1978.  Have lived there all my life.  I have a very strong religous background. <--That being the ONLY reason, I don't race on Sundays.  I played baseball from the age of 4 until 16.  And I played soccer from about 4 until 10.  I was a straight A student through the 8th grade.  And have went down hill ever since.  ;) I was a pretty good student through highschool, but nothing special.  Always stayed out of trouble as a kid.  A freind and I were always riding bicycles and camping.  Later on, while everyone else was drinking/partying, I was out working on my Camaro or camping/repelling or paintballing.  We had a crew of about 6 guys, that were more like brothers than friends.  3 of those were Validictorian of our class.  Some have moved off, but we are still in close contact with each other.  One actually just hired on as our Network Administrator here at Apex. :thumb:  I then went on to attend Murray State University after graduating H.S. in '96.  I started out in Engineering Physics and after a year, decided that wasn't for me.  Changed my major to Industrial engineering so I could get into CAD/CAM.  I wanted to open my own machine shop someday, and build race engines and get into drag racing.  I then was hired at Apex Engineering at the age of 19.  I decided to change my major to Construction Engineering to suit my work at Apex.  I got married on my 20th birthday and have been partiming school ever since.  I'm still in college...and it stinks!  I am now in the process of starting a business with my father in law which is the opportunity of a lifetime.  We'll be dealing in wheels and tires and customizing vehicles(lowering/lifting/body/performance).  Now I wish I was still majoring in Industrial Eng. for the CAD/CAM. :silly:  

I started riding at age 5 on a YZinger 50, and still have that bike.  I then moved on to an XR80.  Then I decided I would try 4 wheels and got a 250X.  That lasted about a year, then I was back on a 1990 YZ125.  I rode that bike for about two years and then bought a 1969 Camaro to build for my first vehicle.(that project got a little out of hand and turned into a show car/weekend warrior)  The bike sat for about 2 years and I sold it so I could buy an engagement ring.  The summer that I got married I bought a 300EX(another attempt at 4 wheels) so the woman and I could ride together.  I owned that fourwheeler a total of 3 months.  After getting married I spent two years designing and building our house.  And then couldn't take it any longer.  I had to have two wheels!  I was considering a streetbike, and my dad was considering getting something as well.  We both decided to get back into dirtbikes.  We used to ride together when I had the 50 and the 80, but he got out of the sport for about 15 years after that.  In the summer of 2000, I was working alot of overtime, and saving it up, and bought a 1996 KX250, and dad bought a 1997 KTM250.  We were back!  We haven't slowed down since and have been riding together for basically every weekend since.  In July of 2000, I stumbled on DRN and have made MANY good friends and riding buddies since.  Biglou was actually the first person I had direct contact with on DRN as I was buying some DRZ parts from him. :thumb:  I have yet to miss a Spodefest or Dirtweek, and don't plan on missing any! :)

Last edited:

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Hey Greg,
I think it's great that DRN has a freestyle jumper with the talent you possess. I don't think Canadian was really calling you on your ability so much as maybe, ... Wow, we now have a high quality FMXer among us. Welcome to the site and a BIG thanks for supporting it right away.

GCooper

Oct 7, 2002
What the heck is the big deal on a backflip I can think of many other things that make that look stupid, like has anyone done a barrel roll? I have never done one but I know someone who can. He says that is easier than a BF....humm

anyway that is like one of 3 tricks I can do well, big deal. If you practice at something over and over anyone can stick it.

It is simple, start with a BMX bike and work your way up. I put an add in our paper for used Boxed spring matteresses, I got like 121 of them and layed them all out, you see if you think you are going to crash into a plush comfort zone, you dont worry about is as much as hard dirt.

The trick is to just let her rip throughout the jump, as long as the back wheel is cranking you should not have any problems as long as your lift was good.

The first time I actually tried it I was mad as hell against the world, so that excused my fear factor.

Dont try this if you aint comfortable with it.

That's my 10 cents worth.

I get more of a kick out of FMX stuff than I ever did racing.

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
I'll try and make this simple, and brief.
Hey! my name is Rick, I am at the ripe, crispy age of 41, been married for 12 years, have a wonderful wife by the name of linda, and two boys, Patrick, age 11(velcroboy_10) and nicholas, age 6(kazukiboy) We do alot of camping in a 27 travel trailer, with the two dogs, both labs, and both are treated like daughters. bailee is a "white" lab, and only 22 months old, and mags, she is 13 years old, with bad hips, and getting blind.
Now, both my wife and I , have been riding for a long time, but had fallen away from it at one point or another during life. I started riding when I was 7 and kept on riding all the way through high school. I had TS's, and KE"s, KV's, KD"S WR's CB"s ,and LTD's and at times, i had 3 or 4 bikes at one time, and never paid more than 200 bucks for any of them! remember, I was only in middle school or high school, and did this all from cutting grass, and shoveling snow! ok, so moving on, I got out of high school, and moved on to a local college, BUT, found out that college was just not my bag. partying and male hormones took over, and shot that all to h@ll, so, I found out i had a nitch for making things stay on the road, so off to trade school I went. 2 years later, they told me i could fix diesels and gas engines............ yea.
ok, so moving faster now, tried marriage early, nope, that didn't work, went back to partying with friends, found the above wonderful gal,(no gun to my head here), and started to raise a family. velcro and I tried our hand at radio control planes and cars, and found that was a drag, due to the people we were running against at the track or field. bunch of whining boys and men! we looked around for something else, and by this time, i was pretty deep into the chat rooms, if you know what i mean, and then one day, just took the PC and sold it to someone, and took a loan out for a couple of bikes, and the rest is history! Now velcro needs ANOTHER bike, and I just can't seem to get ahead on the hop ups for mine! GAWD, I LOVE THIS SPORT!!! :aj: ok, so I poured my heart out here, and layed it on the table, so be gentle on me :whiner:

Top Bottom