MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
I'm mad. The legislature has plenty of money to install art at the entrance of the land fill and maintain hiking trails but we have special levies for ambulance service and parks. What they are doing is using general funds for things that would never pass a vote and sending essentials to the voters for special funding. Strong words deleted in my household when money is tight we take care of essentials FIRST (not last)!

The greenies are not interested in getting some of the NOVA funds for themselves. They want to starve us out. Without trail maintenance funding they hope to show out ruts and use that as an excuse to shut down our areas. We are at (cultural) war with these *******s!

Hi all - Just in case you were wondering about my statement to the Seattle Times about money available to the hikers. All of the millions of dollars listed below are going to non-motorized programs from your State tax dollars. Engleking (Sierra Club, WTA, ad nauseum) did not even bother to list the amount they get from your Federal tax dollars!
Dave Hiatt
NMA Director - Legal/Land Use

http://www.cascade.sierraclub.org/action/legislative.asp
"Environment survives contentious legislative session
By Craig Engelking, Chapter lobbyist
The House tie and one seat Democratic majority in the Senate made it difficult to score major environmental wins this session. Despite the gridlock, we made progress on many issues and defended previous victories with relatively few setbacks.

Budget

From the environmental perspective, the state budgets are excellent. Not only did the legislature provide adequate funding for the natural resource agencies; the budgets also included many pro-environmental provisions. What's more, every anti-environmental budget amendment was defeated.

Some of the hard-fought budget highlights:

$45 million for the Washington Wildlife and Recreation Program;
$60 million for the Trust Land Transfer Program;
$35 million in new money for water-for-fish projects;
$3 million for local governments to update their critical area ordinances; "

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
Word removed was a legitimate word describing one born to unmarried parents. There is no shame in being a *******. You are only responsible for your actions, not your parent's.

Last edited:

Bonehead

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 15, 2001
Have you ever seen a sticker on a backpack? You need a sticker, just to go fishing,if you are in a state approved site .They can all go kiss my ass!

Top Bottom