Yz 125... TOO MUCH EXHAUST OIL... SPOOGE??

Oct 12, 2007
Yz 125... Too Much Exhaust Oil... Help Please!!

Hey guys, i'm having an issue with my '01 YZ 125.

Lately due to a cracked fuel tank, i havent been able to ride my YZ for at least 3 months. However recently i have gotten the tank repaired, mixed some fresh fuel and installed a new spark plug in the old girl, and she fired up first kick.

Now to the point: I run the bike with the stock chamber with a pro circuit silencer, and it has always had a little oil dribble out of the silencer after a ride. People tell me this "spooge" is a normal occurance in two strokes. But after riding the bike hardly 15 minutes in the backyard yesterday, just tonight i removed the bike cover to take a look at it... and found a huge soaking of oil just under where the silencer is. Obviously it had been dripping a fair bit overnight.

I'm concered that this is something serious, as i only run the bike at 40:1 which is fairy lean. Could it simply mean i need to repack the silencer, or could excess oil leaking from the exhaust mean an engine rebuild is on the way? As i stated before, the bike had been sitting for 3 months not running... maybe it is some excess built up over time? I don't know. But any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Since you are so commited to 2T's, learn to rejet. You will enjoy the way the bike runs better, and you will reduce or, if you are dilligent, eliminate, spooge.

Drain your exhaust pipe & silencer of oil, read up & learn from the jetting threads, and then, yes, you will need to repack your silencer, after you get it re-jetted.

Oh yea, unless you LIKE to work on your engine, switch to running 32:1 (gas to oil,) ratio.

Best of luck to you.
Ken W

P.S. do not skip the first step of rejetting; check your carb. float level.

Top Bottom