matthewcdean

Aug 17, 2009
I took apart my 02 YZ to clean the lower part of the engine, but now I can't get the lower part back together. It seems like it's the rev limiter is causing the problem and doesn't want to go back together. Any suggestions on how to get it back together?

sm7482

Jan 29, 2008
only advice i can give as i am unfamiliar with you bike is to assest the situation carfully. look at everything in great detail as you may find that one part was slightly out of adjustment or place. ive been there on projects were i'm just frustrated and find the washer off a bolt fell into a crevice or somthing of the sort. take your time and try to see what may be outa place.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
The rev limiters I know are electronic things that connect to the ignition and I wasn't aware of any two strokes that had them.

I am also confused about what it is you took apart to clean. I would take a carburetor apart to clean it, the airbox apart to get the air cleaner out to clean it, but I wouldn't disassemble any of the engine just for the purpose of cleaning.

If for some reason you took off the clutch cover then you might be having trouble getting the water pump and or governor back into their respective spots. I had a similar problem on my YZ-125 recently when I changed the clutch. My mistake was that I put the governor in upside down. It was pretty obvious one I stopped and took a close look as the gear on the governor needs to be out (away from the cover).

If that is not it then you are going to need to give us a few more details as to exactly what you took apart.
Rod

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom