YZ 80 Man

Jul 15, 2006
Hey everyone, This is my first time posting on theis forum and it seems to be very helpful. Anyways, I am rebuilding my 1993 YZ 80 and I'm having some trouble. First off my gasket kit did not include a gasket for the cases. When I took it apart it was obvious that Yamabond was used. Is this correct? and if so, where can I find Yamabond. Also I am confused as to how I know when the gearcase is full. There is no window or dipstick on the filler cap. Does anyone know how to tell when its full.
Thanks for your time.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
For the gasket, you can use Permatex high-temp RTV silicone gasket maker. Get it at Auto Zone or Napa. The motorcycle shop should have it also. On our 2001 YZ 80, we put in 500ml (.52 quart) of oil. Most likely on the case right next to the fill hole there will be some numbers stating 500 ml. Since you change the oil so often, you really dont need a viewing window.

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
Odds are good there is a fill level screw somewhere beside the clutch cover. You pull that bolt out after filling the cases with the correct amount of oil, to confirm that it is at the proper level. A service manual would tell you this. It is probably even in the owners manual.

YZ 80 Man

Jul 15, 2006
OK Thanks, I saw in another thread, shaving the head. can I do this and how far should I go? I work for a machine shop, so cost is not an issue.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom