125 rider

Sponsoring Member
Oct 1, 2000
for around $100-$150 what can i do to improve the top end hit on my yz125. I will be getting a new pipe soon but until then i need better mid-top end power.

jrbmx1

Mar 17, 2001
You can change the sprockets for more top end. base gasket, bore the carb, rev pipe, have eric do porting and head work, or all of the above. Good luck.

MoToMaNYz125

Apr 2, 2001
[for 160 you can get the FMF rev pipe for your yz too improve top-end, and you can also go 1-2 teeth down on the rear sprocket, 1-2 teeth do make a difference!:cool:

125 rider

Sponsoring Member
Oct 1, 2000
I wish i could get the rev pipe that would be great but they dont make one for my bike...i might go pro-circuit.

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
You will get far more of a performance increase with porting than you will with a pipe change, and for less money as well. Most modern bikes (KDXs are an exception to this :confused: ) have stock pipes that are so good that aftermarket pipes mainly just move the power around in the rev range, with only a small power increase. Porting, if done right, will increase the power and response across the entire rev range. A pipe is a good tool for fine-tuning the power for your tastes and riding conditions, but porting is by far the best bang-for-the-buck performance enhancement you can do, and Eric Gorr can port your cylinder and stay within your stated budget.

Top Bottom