John Curea

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 29, 2000
Mace
I checked out that link, the way they beef up the hype, I wonder if it will wash your bike also.....??!! :cool:

The anodizing looks cool......did they say which direction they went with the rising rate?

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
I think it only fits later YZFs. At any rate, Ty doesn't have one to fit my '98 2st. If the deal had gone beyond that I would have asked what rate change was created. I wonder if Ty would have given me a straight answer...
Anyway a stock part is on the way by dogsled and bamboo raft it seems. Understandable but still dificult.

I did find one guy on Thumpertalk who say he's real happy with the Ty Link. How often do you find someone who spends significant coin and then says he's not happy? As I get more seasoned I feel I am less inclined to rose-colored-glasses syndrome.

I have this gut feel that the rate progression needs of offroaders is very different from what appeals to the "MXA Wrecking Crew". It may well be that the Ty Link is just what we need. Who knows...

Y2KWR400FM

Oct 15, 2001
Mace...recall the username of the TT guy who liked the ZipTy Link? Would like to contact them and ask some suspension tuning Q's. Thanks for the info.

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
Sorry, don't remember who. I found the thread using the search function. You'll probably be able to find it too.

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Mace,
I beilve that a flater progression till the final third of the travel would be what most ofroad guys need.. The MXer's typically like the shock to have a linkage with a "hitch" a little after 1/3 into the stroke for whoops, and mid corner traction..

Also Ofroaders don't need so much bottoming resistance.. When we where doing KTM testing this spring with the single piston you really learned how import the "Rate" portion of the linkage was..

Regards,
Jer

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom