Status
Not open for further replies.

hunt4steve

fat guy on a bike....
Feb 5, 2007
Need some ADVICE from ya'll on a 1997 Rmz250

Hey all.

I grew up riding bikes, but have been out of the game for a number of years. I just picked up a '97 RMZ250 for $1200 and I was wondering if I got a pretty good deal. The guy who sold it to me got it kicked over on the 1st try. I took a quick spin on the pavement down the street, and it seemed to pull pretty nice. I know there isn't a lot of details, but overall, I was just wondering if this price was alright for a fair running bike.

Oh yeah. Its missing the headlight. If anybody knows where I can get a replacement headlight for cheap, please chim in.

Last edited:

mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
Nice, You should post some pictures up of it, I would like to see it if it is a good deal. Good work, Hope you enjoy riding it.

hunt4steve

fat guy on a bike....
Feb 5, 2007
I'll get some pics and get em posted. Thanks for replying.

hunt4steve

fat guy on a bike....
Feb 5, 2007
pics are posted below

pics are posted

Last edited:

hunt4steve

fat guy on a bike....
Feb 5, 2007
pics

I have some pics here.

I'm a little concerned about the frame in these shots. Is this normal for the 97 RMX250 to have a strip of metal welded to the fame like what is shown below? There is a strip of metal on both sides of the frame, like the one shown below.

As well, it appears the previous owner took a hard crash, and broke part of the steering tab. You can see how they welded it back on.

A buddy of mine asked if the sprocket was really warn down, what do you all think?

You thoughts?

Last edited:

hunt4steve

fat guy on a bike....
Feb 5, 2007
pics

Here are a few more shots:

Front sprocket

pipe

carburator

any thoughts about these items on a $1200 dollar bike?

Last edited:

hunt4steve

fat guy on a bike....
Feb 5, 2007
taking it back to the original owner. Found out from the previous owner, to this guy to sold it to me, nobody knows when the top end has been done. No records, no history, just hot air coming from people who wanted to sell the bike.

Today, I'm getting my money back and giving him his bike back.

Closing thread, because I can't delete it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom