5th Annual Damn Yankee Dirt Rider’s Spring ride

Cruiser

Jul 13, 2000
Hey Bill,
I might be up for the ride this year, I moved now I'm 40 minutes south of paragon. New house, new computor, dont have your email handy. You should really shoot down to my place for a ride sometime.
I'm on the Mt just above Jim Thorpe off 903.
Later,
Steve Cruise
HMDR
03 GG 250ec
97 GG 250ec

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Just checking my schedule and I know I wont be there for the 12...and not sure about the 11 but I will try.
So who was the idiot that scheduled this ride for the same weekend as Southwick anyway :bang:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I'd say we ride saturday and all goto Southwick on sunday but its probably too far away for me to do in a day.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Southwick is about 3-3 1/2 hours from Paragon

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
An i'm 3 hours from Paragon. Hmmm. Would have to take work off on monday morning. Might just do it.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
let me know if you want to...I am half way in between so you could leave your truck at my place if you wanted to do southwick...but let me know at least a week ahead so i can get 2 pit passes instead of just one

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
:yeehaw:

Gettin closer! It looks like this will be a good weekend for me!!!

If anyone wants to ride easy trails...I certainly won't mind joining them.. especially after some of those "easy" rides last year...

:rotfl:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
hmmm now I gotta decide do I want to be in front of dave on the hill climbs or behind him where can I get the best shot of his attempts :laugh:

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
scooter1130 said:
hmmm now I gotta decide do I want to be in front of dave on the hill climbs or behind him where can I get the best shot of his attempts :laugh:

Hey now!!! It took me a couple years, but I haven't crashed a hill climb in the last 10 rides!! :) :aj:

Of cousrse...now that I've said that........ :bang:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Oh, the hill. I like that hil cuz it gives me a chance to rest while either Dave tries to climb it or Scooter tries to get his bike started with a dead battery :debil:

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Ok....Now all of you who are joining us for the first time take heed... :)

The one time you wipe out (Yes, I only wiped ONCE on this hill) if spectacular enough, will live on in infamy! I havent dumped on this hill since then...but of course.. the ONE TIME I wheelied off into the woods, ass hanging, wide open throttle because trying to catch the thing with my legs flailing in the air (Yes, there are photos, these guys made sure of that!) has been remembered above and beyond my multitude of successful climbs since then. As remembered was my spectacular surprise downhill run directly into a tree (no photos of that thankfully but a punctured chest protector as evidence of the impact)

No worries.. if they take you someplace to crash, THEY will know where it will happen, and they WILL have a camera handy.

Every DYR is an aweomse experienc though... truly

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
You had some successful attempts at that hil.....hmmmm I dont seem to remember that :rotfl:

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
scooter1130 said:
You had some successful attempts at that hil.....hmmmm I dont seem to remember that :rotfl:

Perhaps it's because you didn't show up for the last four rides with us... HMMMMMM???? :nener:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
DaveRS575 said:
Ok....Now all of you who are joining us for the first time take heed... :)

. As remembered was my spectacular surprise downhill run directly into a tree (no photos of that thankfully but a punctured chest protector as evidence of the impact)

No worries.. if they take you someplace to crash, THEY will know where it will happen, and they WILL have a camera handy.

Every DYR is an aweomse experienc though... truly

Dave, I was trying to post for that one too, but since it ended up on top of a narrow ridge, I could not find a place to stick my bike so I could get the shoot, I knew it was going to be good when we poped up over the first ridge to find a steep downhill followed by an even bigger climb :aj: . I should have just stopped at the botom :coocoo: . But hey! we DO help you push your bike up after your all whooped from trying to ride it up!
BTW, no way we are letting you regress to "easy" rinding, our goal is to hone our camera,,,,,, eerrrrr your riding skills until your the guy taking the pics instead of making them. :yeehaw:
Oh and for the record, even though this http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jasnker/pics/Paragon/midsizepics/Dave3.jpg
looks like Dave has lost the trail, he must have found a better line because thats now where the trail has migrated to avoid "the rock"

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
:) hehehe....well...that's true... you guys have helped me push that KDX out of some interesting locations... lol

I actually had a very interesting experience there the last ride I took, we ended up on top of the mountain in a rock garden that would have pissed off even the likes of Eugene. We found an awesome ridge though overlooking the entire park, and spent the next 4 hours basically walking our bikes through 2 feet of water and rocks until finally intersecting with Turtle somewhere in the middle.

BTW, Turtle was getting to be quite the challange the last time we were there. I did manage to ride the entire length up, but it very washed out..and i would think down would have been rough to say the least. I wonder what the snow has done to it since then.

No matter what trails we do, I'm totally psyched to get the dust off and get out there and to see all of you guys again! I noticed Nate has not chimed in here.... NATE???? Where are you????

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Yeah I know I missed a few rides last season. But believe me I would have gladly taken your place and given everyone new storries to tell by crashed on some hills instead of sitting out the rides with a broken foot. :ugg:

Nate did chime in for the ride at Hatfield McCoy, but I havent heard him here yet. I'm sure he will be around soon enough.

NRB

May 4, 2003
Now Dave you know I'm going to be at the spring ride, I haven't missed one in the last two years. It is amazing how much abuse that KDX will take with you at the helm. I was behind you that day you went over that ridge and rammed that tree. Plus I have to be there with the spare battery for Scooter and the tire tools for Trigger and Jason.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I should be good I have a spare battery to carry with me now

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
scooter1130 said:
I should be good I have a spare battery to carry with me now

Heck....you COULD always use that 2 stroke that's been collecting dust! :)

Nate! Glad to hear you survived the winter! Can't wait to see ya!

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
a kickstarter would be useless with a dead battery. The fuel injection wont work without a battery, even with a kickstarter. Ahh the joys of technology :coocoo:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
scooter1130 said:
a kickstarter would be useless with a dead battery. The fuel injection wont work without a battery, even with a kickstarter. Ahh the joys of technology :coocoo:
Those should really come with a carb.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
RM_guy said:
Those should really come with a carb.

Yeah I know and those suzukis should really come with a pink skirt instead of that yellow one they give you :moon:

Top Bottom