5th Annual Damn Yankee Dirt Rider’s Spring ride

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Just got back from Paragon and the single track is a mess with downed trees from the winter storms they had there. If anybody is interested in helping to clear the trails click here

(did I post in the right place this tme? ;) )

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
You aint kidding about downed trees. My trails are covered with downed pine trees from the ice storms this winter. I have one section pretty much cleared. Just have to work on the section across the interstate now.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
the trails actually werent as bad as I thought they would be compared to the rest of the park. but they are still a mess...with 3 or 4 people we shoulds be able to clear it out in less than a day

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I had one section that had a pine tree down atleast every 50 feet! I think i cut out 19 trees on that trail.

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
I'll put my self in as a maybe...

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Man, the way things are going with the Honey-Do list, this may be my first ride of the season :ohmy: That quick ride around the house last weekend has got me all fired up and ready to go!!!

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
Is it time yet??? :bang: :bang:

This weather is to nice to not be riding, I cant wait :aj:

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
DaveRS575 said:
Who's not riding? Good gravy!!! The weather is WAAAAY too nice not to be riding!

Yeah I know, right now I dont have the time and I have to sell my Warrior so I can make room in the garage so i can get the bike prepped. Totally sucks

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'm in the process of a garage make over. 20 years of neglect is taking a bit more time than I anticipated. I honestly thought I'd be done over this past weekend but last night I was only finishing up the primer coat of paint! I'm finding stuff I forgot I even had and re-doing all the storgae so I can find stuff easier the next time.

Tripping over my bike while doing this has given me plenty of incentive to git-er-done ;)

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
sick 96 250 said:
Yeah I know, right now I dont have the time and I have to sell my Warrior so I can make room in the garage so i can get the bike prepped. Totally sucks
Need any help selling it? I sell them on **** and handel the whole transaction for people who dont have time.
I can come up and help clear trees durring the week, when do you want to do it Scooter

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
JasonJ said:
Need any help selling it? I sell them on **** and handel the whole transaction for people who dont have time.
I can come up and help clear trees durring the week, when do you want to do it Scooter

Thanx for the offer with selling it, but I also sell a lot of bikes, ATVs and parts on ****, this one is just being more of a hassle with little things I need to replace which no one ever seems to have the parts so I have to order them and wait for them to arrive.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Paragon should have primitive camping available on site before the spring ride for anyone interested. The campsite wont be on top of a mountain, so I dont believe you will have to deal with 60 mph winds ripping your tents apart as some of you experienced last weekend in WV.

Keep an eye on this thread for info on when they will e opened and pricing..... http://paragonap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5673

I dont know if its true or not, but I also heard that red ridge no longer allows trailers in the capmground. (motorcycle trailers that is...they still allow camping trailers of course.) (read the 5th post here) http://paragonap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5636

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
So what do we have for a date and time for this ride? Do I have time to wash the WV mud from my bearings or sould I just let it corss pollenate that nasty yellow caly stuff to paragon, hmmmm rocks ,,,,, with slimy mud... Cool!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
The date is June 11th & 12th. I'd just leave the mud on...it's gonna get dirty again anyway ;)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Who placed this ride on Southwick weekend???!!! decisions, decisions. . . hmm maybe a bit of both

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Papakeith said:
hmm maybe a bit of both

Well i know Scooter is doing both and i'm still on the fence. Wouldnt that be cool to all ride on saturday, BS saturday night then all caravan to the races sunday morning? Let me know what you deciede. I've never been there before and with going to paragon i'm 3.5 hours closer than any other time.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Papakeith said:
Who placed this ride on Southwick weekend???!!!

It had to be somebody wearing a skirt and riding a yellow bike....I wont mention any names, but his initials are RM and he has a hill named after him at Paragon.

I'm doin both Keith, Saturday ride, then the races on Sunday, and meeting a friend the following week in DC to go to Budds Creek....hey can anybody lend me some gas money :think:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Leave it to Nancy boy not to check the National Schedule ;)

Maybe a Friday/ Saturday ride, and then off to the races Sunday?

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I think I'll be up for a Friday camp, Saturday ride.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Papakeith said:
Leave it to Nancy boy not to check the National Schedule ;)...
Ya can't have everything :bang: There is something going on every weekend and there's no way to schedule around all of the suff going on. At least I can be pretty darn sure it won't snow...like on another ride that someone went on :nener:

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
I'm still down, unless the closing on my house is that weekend....That's the ONLY excuse I could possibly have, so bring your camaras! I'm sure to make a spectacle of myself somehow. :)

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I cant camp friday since i have to work that night unless i can get out of work. I'll work on it. If not I'll be out bright and early saturday to ride and then camp saturday night and goto the races sunday if that is the route we want to take.

Top Bottom