94 KTM 300 mxc worth a look or not?

UPSMAN

Dec 2, 1999
Just went and looked at a 94 Ktm 300 mxc, any thoughts about this bike would be appreciated. Price is right and i have heard all the opinions on PDS vs. pre PDS i dont think it applies to me at this time just want a bike to ride and get back in the swing a little. The only thing i didnt like about the bike was it had the mx style hub so no odometer, are there any options to fix that problem

Thanks Again Greg

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Hey Greg,
My "other bike" is a '94 EXC 300. Actually, my dad rides it, but he will not claim it due to the colors (purple, pink and white). I still enjoy riding it once in a while. It has WP suspension - front and back. It is easy to adjust if not set up for you.
The odometer should not be a big deal. The gearing will be slightly different than the EXC, but it would be a GREAT bike for you to get back into the sport. We may even have some extra parts and plastic kicking around the garage.
Let us know if you end up buying a KATOOM. It will be good to welcome you to the club. Due to those colors, I can not welcome you to the Pumpkin Patch.

Mike Jr.

UPSMAN

Dec 2, 1999
Actually Mike it would be a pumpkin the guy has put orange plastic on the bike so it looks kinda like the newer ones. Im not sure if i want to get into that bike or maybe spend a little more for a 99 250 mxc im going to decide this week. thanks for the support greg

p.s. what did you think of the arenacross?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I enjoyed the racing. I could have done without all the hype and advertising. I was there to watch dirt bikes, not interviews with the racers and Miss (or Mrs) Arenacross. It sounds like DeMuth got on track on Saturday. Bradshaw has his way in both finals on Friday. We got a chance to see some of our riding buddies from last summer. I would go again.

moto614

Nov 7, 2001
upsman, i had a 94 300exc (very similar) it was a great bike,i had to dial in the jetting though, because it would foul plugs like mad,i ended up getting a leaner slide and that seemed to cure it,which leads me to the only other problem with those bikes and that was getting to the spark plug holy@#$%^$#@! i had to take the seat and tank off the thing just to get to it,but once the jetting was worked out i never had to touch the plug unless i felt guilty. oh yea also, watch out for the shift levers if you break one you'll have to mortage the house to get a new one 'cause there aren't any after-market ones you have to get them from ktm.good luck

ktmmudd

Sep 5, 2001
94 KTM

If it's in good shape go for it; I currently ride a 94 300 MXC. I've ridden it for 2 seasons and just now need a top end. The fork seals will leak, but you can clean them and increase the spring tension on them and the wipers to make them live longer. Jetting is an issue but there are plenty of very knowedgable
people on this site to help you get it sorted out.

Top Bottom