Status
Not open for further replies.

intmach

~SPONSOR~
Feb 10, 2002
Hey guys, Got one for ya. Well my 1995 rm will not idle. It runs great. starts a little hard but it has real good power. Well i can get it to idle if i turn the idle screw ( the choke lever) almost all the way out. This does not help because the motor races back down to idle. It actually seems to be running lean when i do this. So i have gone the hard way. I just make sure i keep the motor running over jumps on in the corners. This is a bitch. Could someone give me some ideas. I bought a new filter and have rebuilt the carb twice to no avail. I also looked for a intake leak and could not find one....Anything? Thanks in advance RIDE ON>>>>>>

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Check your pilot jet, your float level could be screwed up pretty bad to...

Mack Reed

Oct 24, 2001
I just rebuilt a 95 RM 250 for a friend. This bike does the same thing. This bike will idle though. It seems to be worse if you have been in the pipe for a long time. I turned the air screw in and this helped some. I have another friend who rides RMs and he said theat is the nature of those bikes to some extent. {pre 96} Like stated above. I think you should check the jeting and main seals. Good luck, MACK

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Hrm, my 91 idles fine, even though its a little rich on the bottom end. I'd really check the pilot jet for clogs, I know mine was clogged up pretty bad. Its really touchy when it comes to weather though (as most bikes are) just play with the air screw, but an 1/8 at a time, thats all the adjustment you should need to notice a big difference.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
what RM_guy said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom