Calcaneus

~SPONSOR~
Sep 26, 2001
It's south of Amarillo on TX 207. To find it on a map follow I-27 south from Amarillo to Tulia, then look back to the east ( I don't know the number).From there it's north on 207.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Lake Mac it is.

I just spent the afternoon riding with Derek (TrailRyder42) at his favorite spot, and it was a blast, this is much more fun that riding the Canadian River. Best part is the ablutions and hook ups, so we booked all of the RV hookups for the Amarillo fest, 6 in all, so the first 6 to get there get water and electricity. There are also some other great camping spots, with BBQ's and covered picnic table/seats, so there should be enough place for us all to fit in.

OK, its not free anymore, but the extras definitely make up for it, the cost is $10 per night for the RV hookups.

Also another big plus, the cafe is prepared to cater us a dinner or breakfast or both, we just have to let them know in advance. Dinner Sat night and breakfast on Sunday sounds cool, the cost is $6 per person.

More good news, there is a playground right next to the ATV park, so the kids can hang out there if they wish.

The riding itself is very cool, Derek took me on some tough stuff today, some gnarly downhill's, and some challenging uphills. The Pampera did better than me. I fell on our first ride going down a steep bank, and winded myself, was seeing stars for about 5 minutes.

You guys are going to love this place, there are easy trails, some fun hills and banks, some technical stuff, and the best part, we will have it all to ourselves (well almost !)

We now have a new trail boss as well, Derek Turner (Trailryder42) knows this place like the back of his hand and will be leading the rides. He took me to some really great places, river crossings, secluded far off swimming holes, all the good places. Glad I could hook up with him, I think his contribution is going to make this one heck of a fest.

Oh yes, if you have a boat and want to bring it, there is the lake, you can fish and boat as well. Some of the rides go around some of the lake, so the scenery just adds to the whole experience.

So who is not coming now. (losers !)

See y'all there, we are going to have a blast. :aj:

OK, we need some input from you people.
1. who all is comming.
2. who needs an RV hookup, and
3. who needs a campsite.
4. Are we all in for a catered dinner
5. A catered Sunday breakfast
6. or both
7. Anyone bringing a boat
8. how many kids will there be.

:)

Anything else you can think of Derek.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Here it is folks.

If you are coming from the west or south or North of Amarillo, take the I27 to Tulia, head east, and take the road left/north to the Lake.

If you are coming in from Oklahoma or Dallas, take the road to Claude south, drive through the Canyon, this will take you directly to the lake. from Claude it is a 20-30 minute drive.

If you end up in Silverton, you missed the turn to the lake, go back 10 minutes :confused:

Attachments

• amfestmac.jpg
    amfestmac.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 273

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
My daughter and I are in. Put us down for a primitive site. We will be arriving Friday afternoon. White Suburban and a trailer with a 426 and a TTR 125. We are up for the dinner and breakfast too. looking forward to it.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Lorin, Justql, and myself will be there. We'll take an RV hookup. We may have OKKX'r if he can get a kitchen pass.;) Not sure about the dinner and breakfast but will get back with you ASAP. By the looks of the map, the added distance is about 30 miles, is this accurate? Are there adequate signs that can be see in the dark? We will be arriving fairly late, 11-12 oclock.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
here's the pichar for the spodes from Okie and Dallas

From Oklahoma, head south just after Lark, just before Conway all the way to Claude.

From Dallas, take 207 from Claude, through our beautiful canyon, all the way to the lake.

The gates will be open, you just have to find a spot, Trailryder and myself will put up some direcshins :)

Attachments

• amfest6.jpg
    amfest6.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 264

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
The only things I can think of to add at this time are:
Those who will be getting in late can just come to the camp area and can settle up for fees the next morning at the cafe. Same with the liability waivers they require you to fill out. No big deal.
Helmets must be worn.
Paperwork says you have to have a spark arrestor but I've never known them to check you.
Fees:
Age 13 and over- $2 per person per day
Daily boating- $2
Daily camping(primitive)- $3
RV Hookups(elec. & water)- $10 day

I'll try to make up a better map of the lake with directions to area that we'll be staying in. It's not hard to find tho. Only 1 road in and out. Those that will be staying in tents will probably be able to set up amongst the RVs and everyone have plenty of room if we work it right.

If anyone, ANYONE, has something other to add that we're forgetting or haven't considered............This is gonna be a first for me.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Trailryder42
If anyone, ANYONE, has something other to add that we're forgetting or haven't considered............This is gonna be a first for me.
Don't forget TP! Cactus ain't no fun.:p

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
Sorry to here that Will and Jen. I know it's a pretty far piece for you all. I'm stoked that you even considered it. We'll catch you some other time.

DoubleTrouble

May 26, 2000
I'll be there...

...as a road hazard, berm, obstacle, etc... ;)

I'm busy checking out the KDX I just purchased and so far everything looks fine. Took it out on a mild trail today, (first time in 10 years), and had a ball.

The bike handles well and has nice controllable power. I probably got it into 3rd at best and puttered around in 2nd most of the time.

Boy did it feel good but man am I out of it. The bike did everything that I asked of it, which wasn't much, and my aprehension levels, although high, were calmed by this remarkable bike.

...so if you see a real, real, slow spode looking quite lost and Bundu denying any knowledge of me, then you know you've found me.

I look forward to meeting you guys and having the living daylights scared out of me.

Cheers,
Neal

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Craig_enid is with us too. I think the meal Saturday would be good. Or we can cook it ourselves. Either is great by me. Sunday morning might be better left for riding since some of us will leave about noon.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Did we lose CSL with the change of venue?
Would they make the trip if the original area was used, the one north of Amarillo?
Would we change back to that area, if it meant they would decide to come?
Stay tuned for further episodes of 'Days of our Spodes'...

I've got a 4 man tent that sleeps 3 real easy. Doesn't take up much room. Justql, we have room to take it, just in case? (rhetorical)

Anyone hear any more from OKKXer?

We need a 'roll call' for this fest.... who's coming and from where, if you have room for, or need travel help. ( Looking like Justql, Bswift, craig_enid, lorin in the Dodge. Mx547 a no-go :( and no reply from OKKXer, yet.)

Justql, if I end up going with you, we'll do the meet thing at I-35/412, get us there quicker.

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
I made a few maps to show how to get to the camp area and an alternate route for those coming from the North. Don't know how to post pics to the board so I put them on my pic site. Click on the link in my signature line and go to MacKenzie II.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Tr42, don't see any maps there, am I missing something.

Alan

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Trailryder, you take good pics. Not the best weekend for me, but as it draws closer, I am seriously considering attempting to re-arrrange everything so I and probably Casey can go. I will let you guys know soon, thanks for thinking of me.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Calling all Okies, I need a big favor.

I just bought a new JR80 off the net from Ajax Kawasaki in Oklahoma City, and would be extremely grateful if one of you could pick it up on your way through, or a day or two before the trip.

Their address is 8417 South I35 OK City. PM me for details.

I am not even going to tell the little guy about the bike, will just have him see it there, let him check it out, and then after he drools a while, let him know it is his - should be sweet - an early birthday present. :cool:

And hey, if anyone wants a JR50, 2000 model in great shape, let me know $800 - see pic http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?s=&postid=252701#post252701

Thanks

Alan
BunduBasher

Last edited:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Yeah Gomer, Hoosier Daddy - that's me

Here is the new thang !

Attachments

• jr80.jpg
    jr80.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 142

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
We can get the little bike there if no one takes care of it before them. Let us know Bundu.

We'll have room for the tent Craig. Brian might need if if his snoring gets to loud.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
That's cool Bundu. I'm sure we can make room for the little fella. There's gonna be a happy, HAPPY, Bundu Jr. at the fest.:aj: :whiner: :cool:

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Brian, Justin, Bundu, etc... Seeing as we will be meeting up here in OKC on the way to Amarillo, I can pick up the zookie and have it with me when we meet up if you would like. Ajax is between my house and work and I can go by there anytime before then if need be. I am sure that it is small enough that we should be able to find space for it with the other bikes. Drop me an e-mail and let me know. Bundu, if you decide to go that route, just let Denny know the details and I will get with him.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom