BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Amarillo, Lake McKensie

Looks like the dates will be Nov. 22nd thru the 24th.
Bundubasher
TrailRyder42
Craig_enid and the Mrs.
Violettsp
Justql + 1
Person8
OldMaicoNut
Danman
DWreck (Derek)edited by request ;)
TX246
Tangell and son
Calcaneus
Mkimbro1
CSL
CJ rider
OKKX'r :yeehaw:
Lorin
Jeff Gilbert ???????
JMD ?
Milk ?

Johnf3 Canceled:(
BSWIFT  Cancelled under duress
Jesse D. no go. 
MX547 off to watch the Dallas play a football game :eek: .
PM me if you need on or off the list.

22 as of now, Sunday Nov. 17

Last edited:

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
This sounds like fun, if work will allow it count me in. You guys pick a month and date.

johnf3

Mar 21, 2000
Corosstimbers Enduro is 11-3 and Boondockers is 11-17. If you can plan around these weekends, I would like to try and go this year.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I think Craig_enid rides the cross timbers enduro so we should be able to work something out.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
If work premits I will be doing the Boondockers this year. It looks like the Memphis might be out next weekend if my knee does not get better. Anyway one of the other weekends (10th or 24th) will do nicely.

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
Well, how surprised am I? Just found this thread. I didn't figure my Thumpin-grounds were really all that exciting enough for you guys to want to come back. Guess I should get busy and lay out something new for your visit. What time of year was it we had the ride last year? My memory ain't what it used to be.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Could someone fill me in on what kind of riding is to be done there? track? trails? rocks? I would love to go and could prolly get 4 or 5 others to go too. The later the better for me as I want my leg to heal up and be able to go. :)

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
Milk, click on my picture page link and check out 3 albums of MacKenzie pics including the ones from our last ride. You'll get a good idea of the terrain.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Thats pretty nice looking terrain. Looks to be just wide enough and uncovered mostly. :) Rocks suck, but hopefully, if I can keep it on 2 wheels, they won't.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The big rocky sections are that bad. Some of the hillclimbs are a bit more challenging but the majority of the trails are awsome.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Cool. I went to White Rock in July, and I had problems with all of those rocks. It was raining cats and dogs though. Im not a big trail guy, but I want to learn and I enjoy it. My major concern is staying healthy and I dont think a track is in the near future for me. Hopefully I will be fully or at least 95% healed up when this trip is planned. Sounds like fun to me. :)

Person8

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 24, 2001
I wonder if I could convince the wife that it would be a good idea if I went - that is if you guys wouln't mind me tagging along. It's about 450 miles from here to there.

Larry

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
If you want and can, make the trip, Larry. This is just the start of planning so imput is welcome. Trailryder42 laid out a great course this past Feb. Derek if you can match that we'll all have a great time. Hopefully we can do the Buffet meals again(she let me keep my fingers;) ).
I think the HS traveled between 350 & 450 miles so it is definitely well worth the trip.

Person8

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 24, 2001
Trailryder42's pictures look awesome. Is it a campout or is there a hotel nearby? I don't have a camper trailer (though I'd like to get one), so if it's camping I would have to dig out my old tent.

Larry

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Man I wish I could. I've got to save what little vacation I have left so we can take the baby home for the holidays or my family will disown me. I'll have to hold off on any extended excursions until the spring.

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
Hey Larry,
The closest motels are in Silverton(12 miles). Everybody camped last time. There are water and elec. hookups in the riding area. If this thing comes together, as time draws near you can probably find someone with a pop up or other camper to stay with. If not, bring the tent, an extension cord and an electric heater.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I'm in, my DW plans came to nought, so I definitely want to ride Lake Mac again :) :thumb:

Person8

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 24, 2001
Originally posted by Trailryder42
... bring the tent, an extension cord and an electric heater.

Sounds like a plan! It's been a few years, but I've camped in a tent where I've woke up in the morning to find a couple of feet of snow on the ground. I'll have to ask around and see if maybe I could borrow a pop-up from someone.

Larry

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
How soon do you guys want this thing ? - Oct 25-27 works for me, otherwise, just throw some dates out there :) :thumb: I start a new job in Amarillo on Nov 1 - have been doing some contract work in Dallas the past few weeks which really messed up my DW plans. Otherwise, any weekend will do, no RV this time, just me and the bike - will have to see about getting in on a pop up camper with you guys.

I wonder if Waco Jeff and Tigger will be there !

Alan

Last edited:

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
I'll start begging the wife now.....hopefully it won't be too hard: I've been working the honey-dos hard lately.... :worship:

Top Bottom