bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
has anyone tried them, i think you pay $75 just for the lever, right? are they worth it?

i was thinking of the MSR raptor shorty, but might go with one of these

does anyone know if that lever will match up with the stock 2001 YZ perch?

and does this lever come with a bushing or needle bearing?

any thoughts suggestions and opinions will be greatly apprieciated!

thanks

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Got a good look at them at the Indy Dealer Show, nice stuff. Yes, they have one for the YZ. Bushing. Adjustable for hand size which is cool... that being said, I just bought my third (3 different bikes) Raptor, the shorty version this time. Good value, does reduce pull, love the length of the lever.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
kind of reminds me of taking the wife out to dinner......the bigger the menu, the longer it takes her to choose something and the greater the chance of getting something she doesn't like!

i like the idea of the shorter (Raptor) lever, the reduced pull is not an issue....however, since the ASV is adjustable i could move it further to the bar (the lever) and move the perch further in-board to get the same "shorty" effect.

at the end of the day, i could get the raptor and perch (~$35) and two spare levers (2@$20) and spend the same as the ASV ($75), which i would use with the stock on the fly perch (not that i adjust on the fly!)

i am favouring the raptor, but still might have to flip a coin!

thanks!

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
The levers fit CR perches, and the ones I have seen have bearings. Mate their lever with a works perch and you have a nice setup.

Top Bottom