motocross316

Aug 8, 2002
i got a 2001 kx100 and i removed all the bolts of the clutch cover but it wont come off! it budges a little but it seems like somethings holding it on the inside. How do i get this blasted thing off!?
thanks

Last edited:

motocross316

Aug 8, 2002
nevermind i just got it to pop open, turns out i had to turn the clutch arm around that the cable attaches to to let it open. And listen to what the problem with my clutch was. My clutch has been slippin ever since i brought it out from its winter hibernation and the clutch just wouldnt grab. I thought it was worn plates but turns out when i was pullin out the stack there were 3 plates that just wouldnt let go of eachother. I had to pry them open with a knife it was so difficult to get them apart. It turns out that my old oil has turned into a sludge and glued these plates together. Has that ever happened to any of you guys?

reelrazor

Jun 22, 2004
motocross316 said:
It turns out that my old oil has turned into a sludge and glued these plates together. Has that ever happened to any of you guys?

No.

I CHANGE my oil occasionally!! :laugh:

Seriously, glad you got a handle on it.

matt-itude

Jul 6, 2004
just remember as the oils are contaminated and burnt alot of them produce some very bad things such as acids so before my stuff sits for the winter a fresh oil change is mandantory just like regular maintenance.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom