Cant get the (R) Engine Cover off to get to Water Pump Seal.. Help Please!!

DamonBoost

Jul 14, 2003
Is there some sort of trick? I am trying to get to my water pump seal. I was riding today for about 1.5 hours and then all of a sudden I stopped and my bike was smoking and coolant was everywhere.. I changed the oil and it looks like choc. milk, also there was no coolant left in the radiator at all. After doing countless searches to troubleshoot and see what the problem more than likely was.. (I was thinking more on the lines of head gasket but it looks like after reading it would be that seal). I cant get the Right side engine cover off to get to the Water pump seal. I have removed everything it said to in the service manual. It has a little play in it but still wont bust loose. I tried to put a small knife in their to pry it loose, but it still wont budge. It has just a tad bit of play in it.. But no where near coming off..

Please help.. It hasnt been a wonderful day.. lol

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
:think: I'm sure you would get better results if you told us what kind of bike you have.

cr2504life

May 17, 2004
When i took mine off i had the same problem but i was in such a hurry i forgot to take one bolt out that was hidden pretty good near the bottom of the case :bang: . After if took that bolt out i just had to tap on the kickstarter shaft lightly and the case pulled right off. Good luck. :cool:

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Make sure all bolts are removed first, then use a rubber mallet to break the case loose. Should come right off.

Top Bottom