jtricer1973

Jul 4, 2005
Hey guys, whats the best way to clean and polish my rims,swing arm,forks,etc. I was thinking steel wool would work good but thought you guys might have some other tips. I just bought it and its kind of in need of a good detailing.(Its 15 years old;KX250) Any other detailing tips would also be appreciated.

Thanks

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
steel wool for rust.........never dull for shine

txkawboy

Nov 18, 2003
Dont konw if u have access to air or not, but that is by far the quickest---use a $20 small ari grinder with a mild steel wool tip; I use WD40, but there are a myriad of things to use, like the n-dull ment'd above.
This is the cheap way; you can always get with your local knee-draggers and ask them who they r using for thier polishing needs; theirs look like CHROME when done with machinery; usually costs $100 a rim here in DFW...

spank

Jun 14, 2005
DON'T USE STEEL WOOL NEVER!!There are chrome polishing products (spray froth or paste) that works very well,also with rust points.
I use REXIN of WERNER & MERTZ (made in germany) and times ago I used an american product but I don't remember the name.
All this products works like car body wax polish,but you must apply and rub with a rough cloth

Top Bottom