nos96

Jun 3, 2002
I am not sure if this is in the correct forum, if not I apologize. I did a search on frame polishing and frame cleaning but did not find much so I will ask. I have a 99 CR 125 and no matter how clean I get it the frame never looks good enough. I have seen many CR's with polished frames and love the way it looks, but I know that may be a pain to keep up, but have no idea either. So I am looking for any suggestions on cleaning the frame. I have some mothers metal polish that I use on polished car wheels and know that will do the trick, are there any reason why I shouldnt do that? Will polishing really cause cracks to form in the aluminum??? Also, are there any products that will clean and help get rid of srcatchs in the plastic??? I saw a product called "plastic re-new" in some magazine but have yet to see it at any mc shop. Thanks in advance. :)

bigcr

May 16, 2000
As far as the plastic goes. that plastic renew stuff doesn't work
very well.
For the frame, first wet sand it with 600 grit sandpaper.
Next using a compressed air die grinder with a polishing wheel,
go over the frame first with black polishing compound,
then green, finally finishing off with red jeweler's rouge.
You can find the compounds at home depot or your local chrome
shop. Polishing won't hurt the strength or intergrity of the frame.
The swingarm looks cool polished too, but it's harder to maintain.

I hope this helps.

Dirtvet

Jan 23, 2000
Regarding Plastic Renew, most of the work is in the sanding with the right sandpapers. Do this part right and the plastic will look good after application of the Renew liquid. I did an old 1992 Honda with a stained gas tank and made the tank white shiny like new. The tank probably took 8 hours of sanding and coating. After that, I just replace the fenders & side panels with new ones - too much work. Deep gouges cannot come out either.

Top Bottom