xtreme73

Mar 17, 2002
For those of you who have polished their frame how much of a pain is it to keep it looking good? Is Mothers aluminum polish one of the better polishes? And can it be undone with a wire brush? Thanks

jl2x

Nov 13, 2001
I have a clear plastic decal over the polished portion of my frame. It does take away some of the shine, but the maintenance is zero and it still looks polished. I replace the clear decal every 8 months or so. And yes, I use Mother's.

I guess you could take a Scotchbrite pad to it to scuff it up if you wanted to get rid of it. But if you're that worried about it getting scuffed up and looking bad, just do nothing to it and it will look non-polished in no time.

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
If you polish it and you want it undone, go ride without clear plastic over it for 30 seconds...the polish doesn't last very long

jl2x

Nov 13, 2001
It's not a frame protector, it's just a clear plastic sticker. Where you buy your parts should have clear stickers alongside the pre-cut number stickers. You have to cut it to shape, because it comes in a 15"x15" sheet (or something like that). I have the same clear plastic decals (custom cut to shape) over my polished frame and over my number plates.

Top Bottom