tbirder

Feb 28, 2008
SIXSIXZERO said:
i polish stuff everyday (sidejob).
i use 800 then 1000 grit sand paper, then white jewlers rouge on a high speed wheel i have attached to an angle grinder.
it has always worked for me and comes out to a MIRROR finish everytime. i would however like to know more about this product that is being discussed because im tired of re-polishing my entire bike EVERY time i ride!!!

Hey there six-o,
When we treat street bikes (Sport Bike frames, wheels etc.), the average life span of a Sharkhide job can run five years or more before another coat's applied. On bikes like yours, they go through more hell in twenty minutes than a street bike will see in a life time. So all that means to you is you should wipe a fresh coat on two or three times a year. This won't require a new polish job, just swipe a fresh coat of Sharkhide right over the original.
When you apply Sharkhide to a mirror finish, on a scale of one to ten (ten being perfect), it will knock the shine from a ten to a nine or nine and a half. If your bike was a trailer queen type show bike, this wouldn't be acceptable. But since you use your bike, I think I would rather loose a tiny bit of shine rather than polish my life away.
I hope this helps.
Clint

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Just don't polish off your welds! I have heard a story or two about frames cracking from guys that polished off too much of the welds.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Here's one of my husband's old CRFs shined up with Mothers:

Attachments

• 100_0460s.jpg
    100_0460s.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 222

SIXSIXZERO

Mar 10, 2008
thanks clint, i sure would like to try that stuff!!!
i spend on an average of about 3-4 hours a week re-polishing 2bikes for racing every weekend. where can i get some of it?
i live in MO, st louis, stcharles area. any info would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• frame 2.jpg
    frame 2.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 172
  • frame.jpg
    frame.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 182

tbirder

Feb 28, 2008
Sharkhide

SIXSIXZERO said:
thanks clint, i sure would like to try that stuff!!!
i spend on an average of about 3-4 hours a week re-polishing 2bikes for racing every weekend. where can i get some of it?
i live in MO, st louis, stcharles area. any info would be greatly appreciated

Well hey there neighbor,
Guess what, we're based out of O'Fallon IL. All you need to do is go to the sharkhide web site and you can order there. I ship any order the same day, and being just across the river, you'll have it the next day.
Hey and Nikki's right. When it comes to any welds, I put down my buffer and do them by hand. You never want to try to "Smooth" the welds.
Clint

SIXSIXZERO

Mar 10, 2008
yea, no weld smoothing. i dont sand the welds, and i do polish these areas by hand. thanks for the info, ill be ordering soon.
btw, do you ride dirt? if so, where ya ride? hit me up and well get together sometime. we are actually riding this weekend, dont know where yet, but we are riding somewhere.
thanks again.
james

tbirder

Feb 28, 2008
SIXSIXZERO said:
yea, no weld smoothing. i dont sand the welds, and i do polish these areas by hand. thanks for the info, ill be ordering soon.
btw, do you ride dirt? if so, where ya ride? hit me up and well get together sometime. we are actually riding this weekend, dont know where yet, but we are riding somewhere.
thanks again.
james

Hey James,
I look forward to hearing from you. I know you'll be tickled to death with Sharkhide. I don't list all my personal numbers on my web site if I wasn't sure folks would be happy.
I don't ride any more. Two shoulder rebuilds in two years did me in. We used to run down at St.Joe's in Flatriver, over at BET, and up in Fosterberg. Now it's just beer and the hot tub.
In my next life I'll be sure to take better care of my self!
Clint

SIXSIXZERO

Mar 10, 2008
cool, checked out your site, looks like really good stuff!!!
as soon as i find out if my cuz wants some for his bike too, ill be ordering, i guarantee it!!!!!! once again, thanks.

FYI, i have been trying out our new paint protection film on my bikes. its way to expensive to use as much as you have to replace it (every 2-3 weeks) and gets kida messed up lookin after a ride or so. your product may be the answer to all my wishes, not to mention i can talk more people into doing polished on their bikes, because it wont be a big maintenance issue now!!!!

thanks again, james

tbirder

Feb 28, 2008
Sharkhide

SIXSIXZERO said:
cool, checked out your site, looks like really good stuff!!!
as soon as i find out if my cuz wants some for his bike too, ill be ordering, i guarantee it!!!!!! once again, thanks.

FYI, i have been trying out our new paint protection film on my bikes. its way to expensive to use as much as you have to replace it (every 2-3 weeks) and gets kida messed up lookin after a ride or so. your product may be the answer to all my wishes, not to mention i can talk more people into doing polished on their bikes, because it wont be a big maintenance issue now!!!!

thanks again, james

Hey James,
Glad I could help. Once you're ready to apply, you can contact me through the phone numbers on my site, and I'll be glad to walk you through the process.
Hey, and feel free to tell as many people as you want, my babies need shoes!
Bye for now,
Clint

Top Bottom