OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
I can't find any info on CRF50 valve clearance.
Does any know how to adjust the valves?
This little bike has been run hard for two years with no maintenance and is getting hard to start.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
-Make sure bike is clean.
-Remove side case cover.
-Line up the "T" on the flywheel with the mark on the case on compression stroke.
-Remove caps.
-Set clearance to .002" (.05mm)
-Put it all back together.

Garydmx

Aug 29, 2002
Sorry but it's been a long time since the last time I did that. I think intake clearance is .002 and exhaust is .003. Used to be able buy a feeler gauge that had a .002 strip at one end and the .003 on the other. They were both at about a 45 degree angle so you could check the clearance between the rocker arm and the top of the valve. Make sure the piston is at TDC

Garydmx

Aug 29, 2002
Clutch adjustment is a lock nut with a slotted screw on the clutch side. Loosen the lock nut and I think you'll need to go clockwise. You'll have to experiment a little. It's a centrifugal clutch and that adjustment simply moves the pressure plates.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Sorry my pit bike experience is with manual clutch bikes. Guess I'm not so smart any more. :)

If you mean how do you physically adjust the clearance it rakes a wrench and screwdriver. The adjustment is set with the screw portion and the nut locks it in place. Be sure not to turn the screw adjustment when snugging the nut.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Garydmx said:
Clutch adjustment is a lock nut with a slotted screw on the clutch side. Loosen the lock nut and I think you'll need to go clockwise. You'll have to experiment a little. It's a centrifugal clutch and that adjustment simply moves the pressure plates.

Turn the screw in until you feel resistance, then back it off a quarter turn.

Top Bottom